Alex Morgan celebrates after scoring at the 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup on July 2, 2019 in Lyon, France.
This week Team USA looked back on the legacy of Kobe Bryant after it was announced he would be inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. In addition, NBA players took their talents off the court to compete in a NBA 2K tournament, Alex Morgan appeared on the cover of Glamour's Goals Issue and so much more. Did you miss anything? It's OK, we've got you covered.
Download the Team USA app today to keep up with all your favorite sports, plus access to videos, Olympic and Paralympic team bios, and more.
From The Court To A Controller
1. After the NBA season was cut short, players are now taking their skills to a whole new level in a NBA 2K tournament.
🎮🏀 @NBA2K Players Tournament Round 1 continues TONIGHT at 6:00 PM ET on ESPN2! #NBA2KTourney @Dsabonis11 vs. @MONSTATREZZ @rui_8mura vs. @spidadmitchell@MPJr vs. @DevinBook@boogiecousins vs. @AndreDrummond pic.twitter.com/EtNSMCIhQ9— NBA (@NBA) April 5, 2020
No Pool. No Problem.
2. Way to get creative! Check out how these fans are getting in their pool workout at home.
Pool blanket? Close enough 😏— USA Swimming (@USASwimming) April 3, 2020
(🎥: Jill A. | 🏊♂️: Lincoln with @MACmaswim)
We want to see your at-home swimming videos & photos! Get creative and use #NoPoolNoProblem to share the swimming fun with us. pic.twitter.com/oQTlS6oYXH
3. To the surprise of no one, the late Kobe Bryant is to be inducted in the 2020 Basketball Hall of Fame class along with Olympic champions Tamika Catchings, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Kim Mulkey and coach Rudy Tomjanovich.
Forever Legendary. Mamba Forever.— Team USA (@TeamUSA) April 4, 2020
Kobe Bryant. Olympic Champion. Hall of Famer. pic.twitter.com/qqh1Fe82aL
4. In addition, Olympic champions Kelly Rulon and Elsie Windes are part of USA Water Polo’s 2020 Hall Of Fame class.
Finding The Good
5. Trying to find a way to make a positive impact, Mikaela Shiffrin, Madison Keys, Jessie Diggins and Kate Courtney have raised over $30,000 for COVID-19 Relief through an online auction.
I’m auctioning off some autographed gear for #KindnessInCrisis. 100% of the proceeds go to COVID-19 relief organizations. My items will go to the CO Covid Relief Fund and Food Bank of the Rockies. Check the link!#KindnessWins! @KindnessWinsFndhttps://t.co/atC6D1XlCw pic.twitter.com/7M3PJdvPk0— Mikaela Shiffrin (@MikaelaShiffrin) March 23, 2020
6. Always finding the good, Hunter Woodhall took to Instagram to share his thoughts on the Tokyo Games postponement.
Also This Week…
7. Alex Morgan on the cover of Glamour magazine? We are here for this!
8. Wrestler Frank Molinaro is calling it a career. After the postponement of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, he announced his retirement rather than put his life on hold for another year.
“In the first grade I wrote in this little yearbook that I wanted to be an Olympic wrestler. That was a dream come true.”— Team USA (@TeamUSA) April 2, 2020
Congratulations to @Gorillahulk149 on a great career!
9. There’s a new duo coming for the ice! Pairs skaters Alexa Knierim and Brandon Frazier announced their new partnership after Chris Knierim retired from the sport.
New @USFigureSkating pair, new challenge 🙌@alexa_knierim & @Brandon_F1992 make it official.— Team USA (@TeamUSA) April 1, 2020
10. Gymnast Sunisa Lee hadn’t trained in a week so she decided to do some tricks outside…and, well, things didn’t go exactly as planned!
embarrassing myself but i haven’t trained in a week and a half & i miss gym pic.twitter.com/TT7BRCKgW0— Sunisa lee (@sunii567) April 4, 2020
11. Relatable. Emma Coburn is all of us right now!