Christian Pulisic celebrates after scoring his third goal during the Premier League match between Burnley FC and Chelsea FC on Oct. 26, 2019 in Burnley, U.K.
Following an incredible season and a FIFA Women's World Cup title, Alex Morgan had a big announcement last week. Simone Biles gave a showstopping performance at Game 2 of the World Series, Mikaela Shiffrin is back on the FIS Alpine Skiing World Cup circuit and Christian Pulisic scored a historic hat trick. All that and so much more happened in the past week.
Download the Team USA app today to keep up with all your favorite sports, plus access to videos, Olympic and Paralympic team bios, and more.
1. Mikaela Shiffrin is back! Shiffrin kicked off the 2019-20 FIS Alpine Ski World Cup season with a second-place finish in Soelden, Austria. New Zealand’s Alice Robinson claimed gold, 0.06 seconds ahead of Shiffrin.
.@mikaelashiffrin second by a quick blink of the eye, to the young kiwi Alice Robinson, who scored her first @fisalpine World Cup victory!— U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team (@usskiteam) October 26, 2019
Cheers to what will be a fantastic season and a great fight! 🍾👏👏 pic.twitter.com/qUliMgrK26
2. We are still flipping out over Simone Biles’ first pitch at Game 2 of the World Series in Houston. In true Biles fashion, the 19-time world champion showcased her skills with a backflip and twist on the mound.
Take It Back pic.twitter.com/IRLf2BpBUr— Simone Biles (@Simone_Biles) October 24, 2019
3. Talk about the perfect pair! Madison Hubbell and Zachary Donohue are on their way to their fifth ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final after a stellar performance at Skate Canada. The Olympic ice dancers will look to defend their title after winning gold at the ISU Grand Prix Final last season.
4. Christian Pulisic makes history! Pulisic is now the youngest player to score a Premier League hat trick for his team.
2️⃣1️⃣ years, 3️⃣8️⃣ days❗️— U.S. Soccer MNT (@USMNT) October 26, 2019
The youngest player to score a @premierleague hat trick for @ChelseaFC is from the 🇺🇸.
RT if you're proud of @cpulisic_10! pic.twitter.com/gZ04QUCpey
5. What a beast! Oksana Masters is workout goals. Enough said.
No off days.— U.S. Paralympics Nordic Skiing (@USParaNordic) October 23, 2019
🎥: @oksanamasters | #workoutmotivation pic.twitter.com/eI7uyMWoYO
Future soccer star on the way!
6. And baby makes three! Soccer power couple Alex Morgan and Servando Carrasco announced they are expecting a baby girl in April 2020.
Two Goats. One Picture.
7. This picture is everything we never knew we needed.
When two goats come together... pic.twitter.com/T3txRcgupe— #TokyoOlympics (@NBCOlympics) October 24, 2019
8. Caroline Marks and Lakey Peterson are dominant forces in the world of women’s surfing. Marks took first place and Peterson second at the MEO Rip Curl Pro Portugal.
“That was super fun. The waves got a little tough, but I’m so stoked. Best year of my life. I can’t believe it.” – Caroline Marks
The End of an Era
9. Olympic silver medalist Shalane Flanagan announced she would be retiring from professional running and would be stepping into a coaching role with the Nike Bowerman Track Club.
10. USWNT legend Heather O’Reilly is going out with bang! O'Reilly ended her professional soccer career with back-to-back NWSL titles.
For club and country. An incredible career for @HeatherOReilly.— U.S. Soccer WNT (@USWNT) October 27, 2019
Enjoy the next chapter you legend! pic.twitter.com/aaKqyzcWy0