Kelley Larsen and Emily Stockman celebrate winnign silver at the FIVB four-star tournament on June 15, 2019 in Warsaw, Poland.
Sign up to receive Team USA Sports Scene, a weekly digital newsletter that highlights standout performances of U.S. athletes and teams from the previous week. Stay up-to-date with news from around the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic family, and track Team USA athletes as they compete around the globe with a preview of upcoming events.
Led by Brady Ellison’s victory in men’s recurve, the U.S. earned three individual medals – two golds and one silver – as well as one team silver at the world championships in ’s-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands.
Emily Stockman and Kelley Larsen secured silver while Alix Klineman and April Ross tied for fifth at the four-star tournament in Warsaw, Poland.
The U.S. men’s team finished fourth at the FIH Series Finals in Bhubaneswar, India.z
Gary Woodland claimed victory, Brooks Koepka placed second and Xander Schauffele and Chez Reavie tied for third at the U.S. Open in Pebble Beach, California.
Mariah Holguin and Amelia Fulgentes placed first and second in women’s 57 kg., while Nina Cutro-Kelly finished second in women’s 78kg. at the Pan American Open in Quito, Ecuador.
Highlighted by Kendall Gretsch’s first-place finish, the U.S. earned two additional top-10 finishes at the world cup in Besancon, France.
The U.S. Women's National Rugby Sevens Team qualified for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 and claimed victory at the Sevens Series finale in Biarritz, France.
The U.S. collected eight top-10 finishes at the Dew Tour stop in Long Beach, California.
Kelsi Dahlia and Luca Urlando were among the winners at the Pro Swim Series event in Clovis, California.
Track and Field:
The U.S. collected 15 podium finishes at the Diamond League stops in Oslo, Norway, and Rabat, Morocco, while Gwen Berry won hammer throw at the Janusz Kusocinski Memorial in Chorzow, Poland, and U.S. athletes earned eight podium finishes at the Paavo Nurmi Games in Turku, Finland.
Matt McElroy claimed bronze at the world cup in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan.
Jordan Burroughs was among the athletes who claimed victory and earned a spot on the U.S. world team at the Final X competition in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Also This Week:
- Road cyclist Lawson Craddock sits in fifth place after Stage 3 of the Tour de Suisse in Switzerland, which continues through June 23.
- Modern pentathletes Amro Elgeziry and Samantha Achterberg won titles at the national championships in San Antonio.
- The U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team defeated Chile, 3-0, and Thailand, 13-0, at the FIFA World Cup in France, which continues through July 7.
- The U.S. Men’s National Softball Team defeated South Africa, 8-1, at the world championship in Prague, which continues through June 23.
- U.S. triathletes took 10th place in mixed relay at the world series in Nottingham, England.
- The U.S. men’s volleyball team defeated France to improve to a 5-4 record, while the U.S. women’s team currently ranks third with a 9-3 record in Nations League play, which continues through July 14.
- The U.S. Men’s Pan American Cup Volleyball Team defeated Guatemala in Colima, Mexico, which will continue through June 21.
Team USA Broadcast Schedule:
|6/18||6 p.m.||Gymnastics||FIG Gymnastics World Challenge Cup||Olympic Channel|
|6/19||4 p.m.||Track and Field||IAAF World Challenge||NBCSN|
|6/19||6 p.m.||Track and Field||IAAF Diamond League: Rabat||Olympic Channel|
|6/19||8 p.m.||Volleyball||FIVB Volleyball Women's Nations League||Olympic Channel|
|6/20||3 p.m.||Gymnastics||FIG Gymnastics World Challenge Cup||Olympic Channel|
|6/21||8 p.m.||Archery||World Archery Championships||Olympic Channel|
|6/22||2 p.m.||Equestrian||U.S. Championships||NBCSN|
|6/22||4:30 p.m.||Rowing||FISA World Rowing Cup||NBCSN|
|6/22||7:30 p.m.||Volleyball||FIVB Volleyball Men's Nations League||NBCSN|
|6/22||9:30 p.m.||Beach Volleyball||AVP: Seattle Open||NBCSN|
|6/23||9 p.m.||Volleyball||FIVB Volleyball Men's Nations League||Olympic Channel|
Catch even more of the action on The Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA.