Naomi Graham fights Morelle McCane at the 2020 U.S. Olympic Team Trials for Boxing on Dec. 15, 2019 in Lake Charles, La.
This past week, we saw the U.S. women’s ice hockey team defeat Canada to close out the Team USA Champions Series, presented by Xfinity, and we watched as boxers competed at the U.S. Olympic Team Trials for the chance to be one step closer to the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. Oh, and no surprise here, speedskater Brittany Bowe is still on fire. What a week. Let's catch up.
One Step Closer To Tokyo
2. Photos of the Tokyo 2020 stadium were released and we can’t contain our excitement. Tokyo here we come!
3. Kelly Slater scored a perfect 10 at the Billabong Pipe Masters competition, where Slater and John John Florence are vying for their spot on the U.S. Olympic Surfing Team.
Dominating Winter Sports…
5. Brittany Bowe is a force to be reckoned with. Bowe won her seventh consecutive 1,000-meter world cup – the longest streak ever by a U.S. woman.
6. Welcome to the super-G podium, Mikaela Shiffrin! Shiffrin took third in the super-G for her sixth world cup podium finish of the season.
In Other News…
10. The future is bright for Paralympic sprinter Noah Malone. This past week, Malone announced he has committed to Indiana State University, where he plans to make a run at next summer’s Paralympic Games in Tokyo.
Signed, sealed, delivered! ✔️@NoahMalone13 OFFICIALLY commits to Indiana State University!— U.S. Paralympics (@USParalympics) December 9, 2019
12. "Dancing with the Stars" pro Sasha Farber teamed up with Simone Biles, his former partner on the show, for a killer floor routine, and the anticipation is killing us!
13. Drumroll please…. Julie Ertz was named USWNT Player of the Year!
14. Also, the USWNT was named TIME’s Athlete of the Year… because you can’t pick just one.
15. Track athletes turned basketball players? Sydney McLaughlin and Sam Kendricks posted these amazing videos of their best trick shot, and we can’t stop watching!