Mikaela Shiffrin competes at the FIS Alpine Ski World Cup on Dec. 1, 2019 in Killington, Vt.
For Team USA athletes there is no offseason. They are never slowing down. Whether it's winning world cup medals or qualifying for the Tokyo 2020 Games, these athletes are always on top of their game. This week, Mikaela Shiffrin earned her 62nd world cup win, Allyson Felix shared adorable photos of her daughter for her first birthday, and Oksana Masters made a big announcement about her upcoming season.
See You In Tokyo!
1. Watch out world! Surfers Caroline Marks and Carissa Moore have clinched their spots at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, where surfing will make its Olympic debut.
3. Joining Condie on the U.S. Olympic Climbing Team will be Nathaniel Coleman, who became the first U.S. man to qualify in climbing. Climbing will also make its Olympic debut at the Games in 2020.
View this post on Instagram
Two tickets to @tokyo2020, please! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ A massive congratulations to both Nathaniel Coleman (@nathaniel.coleman) and Kyra Condie (@kyra_condie) for their impressive performances at the IFSC Combined Qualification Event in Toulouse, France, earning them both invitations to the 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan! ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Both of these athletes still need your support as there is still climbing left to do in France! Head to the link in our bio to watch Nathaniel Coleman fight for a spot on the podium in the Combined Finals. Women’s Finals will take place tomorrow at 6:00 a.m MT. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ 📷: @gajdaphotography #usaclimbing #teamusa #roadtotokyo #climbtotokyo #sportclimbing #climbing #olympics2020 #olympics #tokyo2020 @teamusa @nbcolympics
Winter World Cups
4. Mikaela Shiffrin owns the slopes. After an incredible performance at the Killington World Cup, Shiffrin secured her 62nd world cup victory.
SHE DID IT AGAIN‼️ 2.29 SECONDS?!@MikaelaShiffrin WINS, grabbing the 4-peat on home snow at @KillingtonMtn AND joins Austrian great Annemarie Moser-Pröll, tied for fourth on the all-time win list with 62 career victories!! 🇺🇸👏🥳⚡️#beast365 pic.twitter.com/5ihoIlrync— U.S. Ski & Snowboard Team (@usskiteam) December 1, 2019
5. Dominating the luge track in Lake Placid this weekend were Emily Sweeney and Tucker West. Sweeney took home the silver, which was her best international result in a singles race in three years. Tucker West was also a dominant force on the ice. West won silver in men’s singles and even set a track record in his first heat of 50.607 seconds.
6. Welcome to the podium, Kristen Santos. The short track speedskater earned the first individual world cup medal of her career at the ISU World Cup event in Japan.
8. Oksana Masters is back on the snow and announced she would be competing in the Nordic skiing world cup season while training for the Paralympic Games Tokyo 2020. She really can do it all!
We Can’t Stop Watching…
9. On land and at sea Simone Biles is still just as amazing.
10. Is it just us or is this video of Sunisa Lee mesmerizing?
i think i might be starting to like bars;) pic.twitter.com/UKH3hhPaRC— Sunisa lee (@sunii567) November 26, 2019
11. Softball star Monica Abbott announced her engagement to now-fiancé Jeff Bower, and the video is just too cute!
12. Swimmer Caeleb Dressel proposed to his longtime girlfriend Meghan Haila, and we can’t get enough of this couple.
13. Noah Lyles is freaking out and so are we. See what your favorite Team USA athletes are thankful for this holiday season.
14. Cuteness overload. Allyson Felix shared the sweetest photos of her daughter Cammy for her first birthday!
View this post on Instagram
Cammy is ONE!!! It is so fitting her 1st birthday falls on Thanksgiving because I am full of gratitude. I thank God daily for the incredible gift she is. Her infectious smile lights up my world. The love I have for her is indescribable. A year ago we were terrified with her unexpected arrival. Our tiny baby has grown from 3lbs to 20lbs. By God’s amazing grace we have come so far. A testimony!! Happy Birthday baby girl🎂💕