Megan Rapinoe poses for a portrait at the U.S. Olympic Committee/NBC Olympics promotional shoot on Nov. 20, 2015 in Los Angeles.
U.S. Women’s National Soccer Team player Megan Rapinoe is going to Rio –or “fricken RIO!!!” as she excitedly proclaimed on her blog. She thought her dream of playing in her second Olympic Games was gone after suffering a knee injury last December.
While rehabbing her torn ACL, the midfielder was left with some time to devote to one of her favorite hobbies: playing the guitar. Music is a huge part of her life — she’s even engaged to singer-songwriter Sera Cahoone. So in honor of the midfielder’s fast-paced schedule, we threw a couple of fast-paced questions at the music lover. See how she answered our 16 rapid-fire questions as she ramped up for Rio.
1. What is your favorite city?
Redding, California (Rapinoe’s hometown)
2. Best gift you’ve ever received?
Being a twin
3. Last gift you gave?
15-year-old single malt whiskey
4. Favorite movie?
5. One thing you have to have in your fridge at all times?
Milk for coffee
6. What is the last thing you cooked?
7. Something you’ve always wanted to try but are too afraid to do?
Play a concert
8. If you could duet with an artist, who would it be?
[Fiancé] Sera Cahoone and Adele
9. What is your karaoke song?
“Delta Dawn” by Tanya Tucker
10. You started a clothing line, so whose style do you admire?
My mom’s, and anything Japanese and French work-wear inspired.
11. One accomplishment you’re most proud of?
12. Most memorable career moment so far?
Finding my parents after the 2012 Olympic final
13. Favorite food?
My mom and dad’s cooking
14. One thing you still have from your childhood?
15. Person who gets you to laugh the most?
[Former teammate] Lori Lindsey
16. What’s the one question no one has ever asked you?