(L-R) Simone Biles and Aly Raisman look on during an artistic gymnastics training session on Aug. 4, 2016 at the Arena Olimpica do Rio in Rio de Janeiro.
RIO DE JANEIRO -- The line-up for the U.S. women for the qualification round at the 2016 Olympic Games has been submitted. The women will compete in the fourth of five subdivisions on Sunday, Aug. 7, at 5:30 p.m., held at the Rio Olympic Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The teams and individual gymnasts who will advance to the final rounds will be determined at the conclusion of the final subdivision. The gymnastics competition gets underway today, and the U.S. men take the floor in the second of three subdivisions on at 2:30 p.m. Rio time.
The U.S. Olympic Women’s Gymnastics Team is comprised of: Simone Biles of Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre; Gabby Douglas of Virginia Beach, Va./Buckeye Gymnastics; Laurie Hernandez of Old Bridge, N.J./MG Elite; Madison Kocian of Dallas, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics; and Aly Raisman of Needham, Mass./Brestyan's American Gymnastics.
The women’s line up is as follows.
Vault: Hernandez, Douglas, Raisman, Biles
Uneven bars: Raisman, Biles, Douglas, Kocian
Balance beam: Douglas, Raisman, Hernandez, Biles
Floor exercise: Douglas, Hernandez, Biles, Raisman
The members of the U.S. men’s team are: Chris Brooks of Houston, Texas/Team Hilton (U.S. Olympic Training Center); Jacob Dalton of Sparks, Nev./Team Hilton (University of Oklahoma); Danell Leyva of Miami/Team Hilton (Universal Gymnastics); Sam Mikulak of Newport Coast, Calif./Team Hilton (U.S. Olympic Training Center); and Alex Naddour of Queen Creek, Ariz./Team Hilton (USA Youth Fitness). The U.S. men's line-up for qualification is: floor exercise – Naddour, Brooks, Mikulak, Dalton; pommel horse – Leyva, Brooks, Mikulak, Naddour; still rings – Brooks, Mikulak, Dalton, Naddour; vault – Brooks, Naddour, Mikulak, Dalton; parallel bars – Mikulak, Dalton, Brooks, Leyva; and horizontal bar – Dalton, Mikulak, Brooks, Leyva.
Ways to follow the action
NBC is the broadcast and web source for coverage and news on the Olympic Games.
NBC Olympics.com. NBCOlympics.com will carry live coverage of every gymnastics session as well as all sports, and maintain an archive for on-demand coverage. The gymnastics schedule is listed below.
- Aug. 6, men’s qualification, 1:30 p.m. ET
- Aug. 7, women’s qualification, 4:30 p.m. ET
- Aug. 8, men’s team final, 3 p.m. ET
- Aug. 9, women’s team final, 3 p.m. ET
- Aug. 10, men’s all-around final, 3 p.m. ET
- Aug. 11, women’s all-around final, 3 p.m. ET
- Aug. 14, individual event finals, 1 p.m. ET
- Aug. 15, individual event finals, 1 p.m. ET
- Aug. 16, individual event finals, 1 p.m. ET
- Aug. 6, men’s qualification, 8 p.m. ET,
- Aug. 7, women’s qualification, 8 p.m. ET
- Aug. 8, men’s team final, 8 p.m. ET
- Aug. 9, women’s team final, 8 p.m. ET
- Aug. 10, men’s all-around final, 8 p.m. ET
- Aug. 11, women’s all-around final, 8 p.m. ET