About Team USA Tuition Grants
Athlete Services awards over $500 thousand annually to Team USA athletes for education in the form of tuition grants. The Team USA Tuition Grants are intended to encourage athletes to further their education in preparation for lifelong career goals by defraying a portion of athletes’ tuition costs. An athlete's performance standards, financial need and other scholarships awarded are considered when determining an award. Applications are available here for current and retired Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American, Parapan American and Games alumni athletes.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Applications open: March 15, 2021
Applications close: April 12, 2021
Award notifications: May 3, 2021
Applications open: September 27, 2021
Applications close: October 25, 2021
Award notifications: December 6, 2021
This grant is going to play an instrumental part in my ability to balance sport and my education.
The Team USA Tuition Grants are available to current elite, internationally competitive Team USA athletes and all Olympians and Paralympians. This includes athletes who've competed/participated in at least one of the following:
- Any Olympic or Paralympic Games, regardless of last competition date
- Senior World Championships, World Cup, Grand Prix or equivalent in the past two (2) calendar years
- Earned a medal in Junior or U-23 World Championships in the past two (2) calendar years
- Received at least one support service from the USOPC in the past 12 months including:
- Direct Athlete Support funding
- Elite Athlete Health Insurance
- Resident athlete housing at an Olympic & Paralympic Training Center or Site
- Participate in an elite-level training program that is approved by both the United States Olympic & Paralympic Committee and a National Governing Body of an Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American or Parapan American sport
Coursework and Educational Institutions
Eligible applicants should be currently enrolled or plan to enroll in an accredited college, university or institution which provides certificates, associates, bachelors, masters and/or doctorate degrees and from the U.S. Department of Education Database of Accredited Postsecondary Institutions and Programs List.
Athletes attending a certificate or bootcamp type program are also encouraged to apply. Programs will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. Applicants may be asked to provide more information regarding their program and/or the organization associated if need be.
Tuition Distribution Procedure
Award Availability more
The Team USA Tuition Grants are made possible through the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Foundation and the generosity of the donors. Each year they are limited based on availability and funding. Athlete Services reserves the right to make amendments to the grants based on availability and interest every session and/or year.