The William E. Simon Olympic Endowment for the Support of Athletes (Simon Grant) was established in 1998 by Mr. William E. Simon, Sr., former U.S. Olympic Committee President and U.S. Secretary of the Treasury. For over two decades, these grants have supported high performing Team USA athletes who demonstrate financial need to help offset travel and training expenses.
For more information and to apply, visit the Simon Grant webpage.
What do I need to know?
Team USA athletes who are actively in training and competitions to compete for the United States in Paris 2024 or Milan-Cortina 2026 are encouraged to apply to receive a $5,000-$10,000 travel and training grant. This is a very competitive grant, so we recommend you view the Simon Grant preparation file to help prepare your application materials prior to completing the online application.
- Application Open: 8:00 a.m. MT on May 26, 2022
- Application Deadline: 11:59 p.m. MT on June 26, 2022
- Award Notifications and Payments: August 2022
Team USA Eligibility Criteria
- U.S. citizens and eligible/intend to compete for the United States
- Currently training and competing with performance achievements that indicate they are in contention to compete for the U.S. in Paris or Milan-Cortina
- Not under a suspension or period of ineligibility—temporarily or otherwise—from USADA, WADA, the U.S. Center for SafeSport, the USOPC, an NGB, an HPMO or International Federation
- Demonstrate financial need
- Respond thoughtfully and thoroughly to the essay prompts to (1) indicate how receiving a $5,000-$10,000 grant will help you achieve their athletic goals and (2) demonstrate a commitment to advancing the Olympic and Paralympic values in the United States
Visit the Simon Grant webpage to apply and learn more about eligibility and other criteria!