- Certification Requirements
- CEU FAQ
- Coaching Course Policies and Waiver
- Coaching Courses
- Criminal Records Screening Program
- General Liability Insurance
- How to Host a Course
- Instructor Resources
- Olympic Lifting College Courses
- The rationale and structure of the new rating system is available here: Coach Rating Explanation
- Summary of Coach Rating Table
- Forms for requesting an advancement of coach rating are available here:
- National Coach Advancement Request Form
- International and Senior International Advancement Request Form
Every coach will retain their equivalent ranking under new system and no coach rankings will be demoted.
If you believe that your ranking is incorrect, please fill out the applicable Coach Advancement Request Form above.The completed form should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests will be addressed within two weeks of receipt.
USA Weightlifting is the official governing body of Olympic Weightlifting in the United States and the provider of coaching education for the sport of weightlifting under the United States Olympic Committee. Courses and certifications provided by third party vendors/organizations are non-transferable, towards a USA Weightlifting certification. The sport and science of weightlifting is constantly changing and progressing with new discoveries happening frequently. For this reason there are no previous courses that are transferable or "grand-fathered" in to obtaining a USA Weightlifting Certification. The information presented in our courses is up to date and therefore it is in the best interest of our sport to ensure that coaches are properly training and educated. Individuals seeking certification through USA Weightlifting must complete the courses and requirements set forth by the organization.