Seeds set at 55 kg and 60 kg in women’s freestyle at Phase II World Team Trials in Fargo, N.D.2012 World silver medalist Helen Maroulis, pictured at the 2013 World Championships, will be in the best-of-three Championship Series at the Phase II U.S. World Team Trials on Saturday in Fargo, N.D.
FARGO, N.D. – Seeds have been established at 55 kg/121 lbs. and 60 kg/132 lbs. in women’s freestyle for the Phase II U.S. World Team Trials, which will be held in the Fargodome on Saturday, July 19.
2014 U.S. Open champion Helen Maroulis (Colorado Springs, Colo./Sunkist Kids) advances directly to the best-of-three Championship Series on Saturday night.
A total of 14 athletes are in the Trials Tournament at 55 kg/121 lbs., with U.S. Open runner-up Sarah Hildebrandt, (Granger, Ind./King University) as the top seed.
At 60 kg/132 lbs., U.S. Open champion Jennifer Page (Colorado Springs, Colo./Titan Mercury WC) is injured and has requested an extension on her best-of-three championship series to a later date, as allowed in the procedures.
Therefore, no athlete will advance directly to the best-of-three Championship Series. Instead, the winners of the semifinals of the Trials Tournament will both advance to the best-of-three championship series finals.
U.S. Open runner-up Jenna Burkert (Colorado Springs, Colo./NYAC) received the top seed in the Trials Tournament at 60 kg/132 lbs.
In addition, there will be a Special Wrestle-off at 69 kg/152 lbs. between 2014 U.S. Open champion Randi Miller (Colorado Springs, Colo./U.S. Army) and 2014 World Team Trials champion Veronica Carlson (Colorado Springs, Colo./New York AC). It will be a best-of-three series. Miller was injured and could not compete at the World Team Trials event in May, and received an extension of her finals series, as permitted in the qualifying procedures. Their best-of-three series will be held at 7:00 p.m.
Winners earn a spot on the 2014 U.S. World Team, which will compete at the World Wrestling Championships in Tashkent, Uzbekistan in September.
The Trials Tournament will begin at 2:00 p.m., with the best-of-three Championship Series set for 7:00 p.m.
PHASE II U.S. WORLD TEAM TRIALS
At Fargo, N.D.
Women’s Freestyle Seeds
55 kg/121 lbs.
Final Wrestle-off Qualifier
2014 U.S. Open champion - Helen Maroulis, Colorado Springs, Colo. (Sunkist Kids)
Trials Tournament Seeds
1. Sarah Hildebrandt, Granger, Ind. (King University)
2. Jacarra Winchester, Marshall, Mo. (Titan Mercury WC/Missouri Valley College)
3. Jessica Medina, Colorado Springs, Colo. (Sunkist Kids)
4. Michaela Hutchison, Lebanon, Ill. (Titan Mercury WC)
5. Tamara Tillman, Whittier, Calif. (Titan Mercury WC)
6. Meagan Black, Batavia, Iowa (King University)
7. Haley Augello, Lockport, Ill. (New York AC/King University)
8. Samantha Klingel, Kregesville, Pa. (King University)
9. Hanna Grisewood, Warsaw, N.Y. (King University)
10. Tarkyia Mensah, Katy, Texas (Wayland Baptist University)
11. Laura Anderson, Indio, Calif. (Brea WC)
12. Shelby Morrison, Amarillo, Texas (OKCU Gator RTC)
13. Rachel Archer, Oklahoma City, Okla. (OKCU Gator RTC)
14. Vergillia Amaya, Tolleson, Ariz. (MWC Wrestling Academy)
60 kg/132 lbs.
Trials Tournament Seeds
1. Jenna Burkert, Colorado Springs, Colo. (NYAC)
2. Brieana Delgado, Oklahoma City, Okla. (OKCU Gator Women`s RTC)
3. Othello Feroleto, Colorado Springs, Colo. (Army WCAP)
4. Kelsey Campbell, Colorado Springs, Colo. (Sunkist Kids)
5. Trinity Griffin, Colorado Springs, Colo. (Sunkist Kids)
6. Sally Roberts, Colorado Springs, Colo. (Army WCAP)
7. Shauna Isbell, St. Charles, Mo. (Titan Mercury WC)
8. Kayla Miracle, Campbellsville, Ky. (Sunkist Kids)
9. Lauren Louivie, Williamsburg, Ky. (Univ of the Cumberlands)
10. Katie Germain, Lakeland, Fla. (King University)
Note: U.S. Open champion Jennifer Page (Colorado Springs, Colo./Titan Mercury WC) is injured and has requested an extension on her best-of-three championship series to a later date, as allowed in the procedures.