There are currently two module options for on-site USAV Coaching Clinics. Coaches are required to submit documentation along with the CAP Recertification Application 90 days prior to the coach's certification expiration date. In order to purchase your recertification module credit(s), click here.Coaching Education Events Schedule
Coaches can find a schedule of upcoming on-site events and call the CAP Department to register for either Day 1 or 2 by clicking the link above. Coaches are required to attend all necessary modules and participate in full. On-site modules may only be submitted one time for recertification.
1. USAV Onsite CAP I, II, or III course:
Current CAP I:
1. Attend another full CAP I on-site course
2. Attend Day 1 (core sessions) at an on-site CAP I course *must call the CAP Dept. to do this at 719-228-6800
3. Attend Day 2 (4 module sessions) at an on-site CAP I course *must call the CAP Dept. to do this at 719-228-6800
1. Attend another full CAP II on-site course
2. Attend Day 1 (core sessions) at an on-site CAP II course *must call the CAP Dept. to do this at 719-228-6800
3. Attend Day 2 (5-6 module sessions) at an on-site CAP II course *must call the CAP Dept. to do this at 719-228-6800
1. Attend another full CAP III on-site course
2. Attend 6 other approved on-site CAP III recert modules (CAP Module Clinic, another coaching ed clinic)
2. USAV Onsite CAP Module Clinic:
Recertification Required Documents:
2016 CAP Recertification Application (submission is required)
2016 Explanation of Level I-II-III Accreditation Requirements (personal use only)
CAP I, CAP II, and CAP III certifications are current for 4 years. All coaches are required to recertify within that 4-year time frame. Recertification options by CAP level are listed below. Please note: this list applies to coaches who are currently certified or within 12 months of certification lapsing. If a coach's certification has lapsed for more than one year (12 months), he/she should contact the USAV Coaching Education national office via email at email@example.com. A lapsed certification means this coach's recertification options will likely diminish from the listings below.
|CAP Recertification Credits Needed|
|CAP Level I||4 Credits in 4 years|
|CAP Level II||5 Credits in 4 years|
|CAP Level III||6 Credits in 4 years|
Additional information regarding CAP accreditation:
The CAP Level I, II and III courses, and the associated accreditation requirements also changed in 2004 following a re-design of the program. These requirements reverted to the original requirement of re-certification at the same level or move up every 4 years (each "Quad"), which was the requirement prior to the year 2001.
So if re-certifying any prior CAP certification in 2004, your CAP certificate will be good until the same date in 2008. At that time you will need to re-new under the new requirements. Anyone accrediting for the first time in 2004 or beyond will have to play by the new rules.
As of 2004, coaches will also need to pass a background check in order to be certified or re-certify their accreditation at any level. Anyone who is associated with a USAV Junior Club Team or program will undergo the background check through theirUSAV Region office.
Those not affiliated with a USAV Jr. club team will also need to go through the background check prior to being CAP certified or re-certified at any level (If not a USAV member, coaches will be required to pay an additional $25 processing fee).
|Click the following link to register for this course or view upcoming USAV Coaching Education Events.
Coaching Education Events Schedule