Hometown: Costa Mesa, Calif.
Birth Year: 1981
Resides: Costa Mesa, Calif.
Birth Place: Leiden, Holland (NED)
College: Pepperdine and Cal State Northridge
View Jennifer’s complete match results at BVBInfo.com
- Fopma and then-partner Brooke Sweat had their best FIVB finish ever when they placed third at the 2013 Berlin Grand Slam. They also finished fifth at the 2013 Gstaad Grand Slam
- Won the 2015 Manhattan Beach Open with April Ross
- Fopma and Sweat won the 2013 AVP event in Huntington Beach, Calif., and finished second in Manhattan Beach, Calif., and Santa Barbara
DID YOU KNOW?
- Won the AVP Manhattan Beach Open with Apri Ross - her first title at the event
- Opened the FIVB World Tour with Summer Ross, finishing tied for ninth at the Fuzhou Open in China. Improved to a team best finish of fifth at the Prague Open. Placed again, 17th, at the Moscow Grand Slam
- With Nicole Branagh, placed ninth at the St. Petersburg Grand Slam. Partnered with April Ross for the Yokohama Grand Slam, duo finished fourth
- With Brittany Hochevar, finished ninth at the FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam and 25th at the Olsztyn GS
- Finished fifth at the AVP New York City event with April Ross, followed by winning the AVP Seattle Open, their first win as a team and Fopma's first AVP victory since 2013
- With Summer Ross, was one of four women's teams to play in Melhores do Mundo, USA vs Brazil in Rio de Janeiro in late February 2015. The duo made it to the championship match and finished second overall
- Fopma played the 2014 season with Whitney Pavlik, whome she previously played with briefly in 2009 and 2010. Duo finished third at AVP Milwaukee and ninth on the FIVB World Tour in Puerto Vallarta and Gstaad
- In 2013 with partner Brooke Sweat, top finishes on the FIVB World Tour came in Rome (9th), Gstaad (5th), Long Beach (9th) and Berlin (3rd).
- Fopma began her college career at Pepperdine (1999-2000) before transferring to Cal State Northridge in 2001
- Was a first-team all-Big West selection and a third-team All-American, becoming the first Division I All-American in CSUN's history. Helped both Pepperdine and CSUN to the NCAA Tournament and was named All-Region with both teams
- Graduated from Cal State Northridge in 2005 with a degree in sociology
- Began her pro beach career in 2005
- Started playing indoor volleyball in 1995 with Ichiban Long Beach
- Married to Jeff Conover, who coached Jennifer Kessy and April Ross to a silver medal at the 2012 Olympic Games
- Father Everett Fopma played pro basketball in Europe. Mother is Anita Fopma. Jennifer has two brothers, Brandon and Garret and a sister, Katy
“Perseverance and confidence are important in sports and in life. You need to have the desire to achieve and believe in yourself to be successful.” – Jennifer Fopma on volleyball.com
Universal Sports Video Fopma and Sweat Win Bronze at Berlin Grand Slam
Sportstalk4kids Video Interview with Fopma and Sweat at Huntington Beach
Volleyball.com Questions with Jen Fopma
AVP Best Blocker (2013)
Updated August, 2015
More Stories ›