Hometown: Costa Mesa, Calif.
Birth Year: 1981
Resides: Costa Mesa, Calif.
Birth Place: Leiden, Holland (NED)
College: Pepperdine and Cal State Northridge
View Jennifer’s complete match results at BVBInfo.com
- Fopma and then-partner Brooke Sweat had their best FIVB finish ever when they placed third at the 2013 Berlin Grand Slam. They also finished fifth at the 2013 Gstaad Grand Slam
- Won the 2015 Manhattan Beach Open with April Ross
- Fopma and Sweat won the 2013 AVP event in Huntington Beach, Calif., and finished second in Manhattan Beach, Calif., and Santa Barbara
DID YOU KNOW?
- On the 2016 AVP Tour, placed second in Seattle and third in New York with Hochevar
- Tied for 25th at the Cincinnati Open, their sixth Top 25 finish in 2016
- Tied for 25th at the Xiamen Open and ninth in Fortaleza and Sochi for their second and third T10 finishes of the year
- Started the 2016 FIVB World Tour tying for ninth at the Puerto Vallarta Open with Brittany Hochevar. Duo followed with a ninth-place finish in Vitoria in March.
- Won the 2015 AVP Manhattan Beach Open with Apri Ross - her first title at the event
- Opened the FIVB World Tour with Summer Ross, finishing tied for ninth at the Fuzhou Open in China. Improved to a team best finish of fifth at the Prague Open. Placed again, 17th, at the Moscow Grand Slam
- With Nicole Branagh, placed ninth at the St. Petersburg Grand Slam. Partnered with April Ross for the Yokohama Grand Slam, duo finished fourth
- With Brittany Hochevar, finished ninth at the FIVB Long Beach Grand Slam and 25th at the Olsztyn GS and Rio Open
- Finished fifth at the AVP New York City event with April Ross, followed by winning the AVP Seattle Open, their first win as a team and Fopma's first AVP victory since 2013
- With Summer Ross, was one of four women's teams to play in Melhores do Mundo, USA vs Brazil in Rio de Janeiro in late February 2015. The duo made it to the championship match and finished second overall
- Fopma played the 2014 season with Whitney Pavlik, whome she previously played with briefly in 2009 and 2010. Duo finished third at AVP Milwaukee and ninth on the FIVB World Tour in Puerto Vallarta and Gstaad
- In 2013 with partner Brooke Sweat, top finishes on the FIVB World Tour came in Rome (9th), Gstaad (5th), Long Beach (9th) and Berlin (3rd).
- Fopma began her college career at Pepperdine (1999-2000) before transferring to Cal State Northridge in 2001
- Was a first-team all-Big West selection and a third-team All-American, becoming the first Division I All-American in CSUN's history. Helped both Pepperdine and CSUN to the NCAA Tournament and was named All-Region with both teams
- Graduated from Cal State Northridge in 2005 with a degree in sociology
- Began her pro beach career in 2005
- Started playing indoor volleyball in 1995 with Ichiban Long Beach
- Married to Jeff Conover, who coached Jennifer Kessy and April Ross to a silver medal at the 2012 Olympic Games
- Father Everett Fopma played pro basketball in Europe. Mother is Anita Fopma. Jennifer has two brothers, Brandon and Garret and a sister, Katy
“Perseverance and confidence are important in sports and in life. You need to have the desire to achieve and believe in yourself to be successful.” – Jennifer Fopma on volleyball.com
Universal Sports Video Fopma and Sweat Win Bronze at Berlin Grand Slam
Sportstalk4kids Video Interview with Fopma and Sweat at Huntington Beach
Volleyball.com Questions with Jen Fopma
AVP Best Blocker (2013)
Updated June, 2016
Behind the scenes with the USA athletes at USAvBRA
March 06, 2015
USA beach athletes share their experience playing on Copacabana Beach and their time in Rio de Janeiro
Follow the USA vs Brazil event
Feb. 23, 2015
Follow USA Volleyball and the beach athletes in Rio de Janeiro, Feb. 26-March 1
Top USA beach names to face off against Brazil
Feb. 02, 2015
The top USA and Brazil beach pairs will play in a team challenge in Rio de Janeiro this February
Bloopers of 2014
Dec. 10, 2014
Bloopers from events all throughout 2014.
Three Men's Teams Advance in Gstaad
Jessica Hall July 11, 2014
Gibb/Patterson and Lucena/Doherty advance to Round 2 of the main draw in Gstaad.
U.S. Beach Teams Qualify in Gstaad
Jessica Hall July 09, 2014
Brunner/Rogers and Dohert/Lucena make it into main draw
Three Women's Teams Advance in Stavanger
June 26, 2014
Men's teams open pool play 6-2.
Men's Beach Teams Qualify in Stavanger
BJ Evans June 25, 2014
Women's beach teams go 6-2 on first day of pool play
Fopma, Pavlik Qualify for Stavanger Main Draw
BJ Evans June 24, 2014
Four U.S. women's teams begin main draw play on Wednesday
USAV Hosts 2nd Grand Slam Qualifier
BJ Evans May 13, 2014
Tournament will qualify teams for Grand Slams in Berlin, Moscow and Stavanger
More Stories ›