- MOST NOTABLE
- 2016 Olympic Games, bronze with Kerri Walsh Jennings; 2012 Olympic Games, silver with Jennifer Kessy
- On the 2014 FIVB Tour, Ross and Kerri Walsh Jennings won gold medals at the Fuzhou Open in China, the Moscow Grand Slam, the Stavanger Grand Slam in Norway and the World Series of Beach Volleyball in Long Beach, Calif. They finished the season ranked third by the FIVB
- Ross and Jennifer Kessy won the 2009 FIVB World Championship in Stavanger, Norway
- Led USC to the 2003 NCAA National Championship
- DID YOU KNOW
- In 2016 on the FIVB World Tour, Ross and Walsh Jennings medaled nine times, of which five were gold. Finished the 2016 season tying for fifth at the World Tour Finals, losing to the Olympic gold medalists from Germany Laura Ludwig/Kira Walkenhorst
- Won bronze with Kerri Walsh Jennings at the 2016 Rio Olympics, beating Brazil's Larissa Franca/Talita Antunes, 17-21, 21-17, 15-9
- In the first FIVB tournament following the 2016 Olympics, won gold with Walsh Jennings at the Long Beach Grand Slam, their fifth gold of 2016 and 11th as a team
- Finished third in 2016 Olympic qualification, with Walsh Jennings; duo had the #3 seed in the Olympics
- With Walsh Jennings, pair had six medals in 2016 Olympic qualification (2015-16) and earned a #3 seed at the Games: Fuzhou Open (3rd, 2015), Long Beach Grand Slam (2nd), Rio Grand Slam (1st), Vitoria Open (2nd), Xiamen Open (3rd), Fuzhou Open (1st, 2016), Cincinnati Open (1st, 2016), Moscow Grand Slam (1st, 2016), Gstaad Major (2nd, 2016)
- In 2016 on the AVP Tour, won gold three times with Walsh Jennings
- Walsh Jennings and April Ross posted their 100th team victory at the 2016 Rio Grand Slam against Germany's Buthe/Borger in the semifinals
- Finished fifth with Lauren Fendrick at the inaugural FIVB World Tour Finals in 2015
- Finished ninth at the 2015 Beach World Championships with Kerri Walsh Jennings. Pair was eliminated in the round of 16 by China
- On the 2015 AVP Tour, won four events with three different partners. Won the AVP Manhattan Beach Open with Jennifer Fopma and AVP Championship with Lauren Fendrick
- Ross and partner Kerri Walsh Jennings went undefeated on the domestic AVP Tour in 2014. They went 7-0 in tournaments, 36-0 in matches and 70-3 in sets
- Ross and Walsh Jennings started playing together at the end of 2013 and won the FIVB Grand Slams in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Xiamen, China
- Was the first U.S. woman to win the FIVB Rookie of the Year award in 2007
- Ross and Kessy started playing full time together in 2007 when neither of their regular partners could play in the first tournament of the season. They finished second at that tournament (AVP in Miami) and kept playing together.
- In 2008, Ross and Kessy just missed qualifying for the Olympic Games. They were seventh in the FIVB rankings, but the third-place U.S. team
- In seven and a half seasons as partners, Ross and Kessy won 10 FIVB gold medals, 11 silvers and nine bronze. In 2013, Ross and Kessy took silver medals at the World Cup Final and the Rome Grand Slam and also won the World Series Cup in Long Beach.
April Ross Photo Gallery
Dec. 11, 2014
Bloopers of 2014
Dec. 10, 2014
Bloopers from events all throughout 2014.
Off the Court: With April Ross
Tyson Rodgers Nov. 24, 2014
Beach star April Ross joins this week's "Off the Court" Q&A.
Ross, Gibb are MVPs at AVP Awards
BJ Evans Nov. 19, 2014
U.S. Beach Teams Fall at Sao Paulo
Jessica Hall Sept. 26, 2014
U.S. beach squads end run at the FIVB Sao Paulo Grand Slam on Friday.
Beach Teams Advance in Sao Paulo
Jessica Hall Sept. 25, 2014
Four women's teams and three men's make it out of pool play in Brazil
Kerri Walsh Jennings And April Ross Reflect On First Season Together
Peggy Shinn Sept. 23, 2014
What has made Kerri Walsh Jennings & April Ross so successful, so quickly?
Kerri Walsh Jennings & April Ross: The Final
Aug. 05, 2014
Watch the conclusion of the duo at the World Series of Beach Volleyball
Ready For Rio: The Defending Champions
Peggy Shinn Aug. 05, 2014
From Boudia to Raisman, scores of athletes are defending their gold medals in Rio.
U.S. Olympic Committee Commemorates Two-Year Countdown To Rio 2016 Olympic Games
United States Olympic Committee Aug. 04, 2014
USOC distributes top storylines to watch in lead up to Rio 2016