- MOST NOTABLE
- 2012 Olympic Games, silver with Jennifer Kessy
- On the 2014 FIVB Tour, Ross and Kerri Walsh Jennings won gold medals at the Fuzhou Open in China, the Moscow Grand Slam, the Stavanger Grand Slam in Norway and the World Series of Beach Volleyball in Long Beach, Calif. They finished the season ranked third by the FIVB
- Ross and Jennifer Kessy won the 2009 FIVB World Championship in Stavanger, Norway
- Won the 2015 AVP Manhattan Beach Open with Jennifer Fopma and AVP Championship with Lauren Fendrick
- Led USC to the 2003 NCAA National Championship
- DID YOU KNOW
- Finished third in 2016 Olympic qualification, with Walsh Jennings; duo will have the #3 seed in the Olympics
- Won the AVP New York City Open, her 11th AVP title with Walsh Jennings and second of 2016, their first was at Huntington Beach
- In the Olympic qualification period, Ross and Walsh Jennings had four gold, two silver and two bronze
- Finished fourth at the Hamburg Major, the final event of 2016 Olympic qualification
- With Walsh Jennings, pair has six medals in 2016 Olympic qualification: Fuzhou Open (3rd, 2015), Long Beach Grand Slam (2nd), Rio Grand Slam (1st), Vitoria Open (2nd), Xiamen Open (3rd), Fuzhou Open (1st, 2016), Cincinnati Open (1st, 2016), Moscow Grand Slam (1st, 2016)
- Returned to the sand with Walsh Jennings in 2016 at the Rio Grand Slam, which the duo won gold at. Pair then won silver at the Vitoria Open (March 20) which advanced them to the top-ranked American women's team in the rankings
- Walsh Jennings and April Ross posted their 100th team victory at the Rio Grand Slam against Germany's Buthe/Borger in the semifinals
- Named the 2015 USA Volleyball Beach Women's Player of the Year, the fifth time in her career and third consecutive
- Awarded the 2015 FIVB Best Server, her seventh FIVB accolade and third for Best Server
- Finished fifth with Lauren Fendrick at the inaugural FIVB World Tour Finals
- Finished ninth at the 2015 Beach World Championships with Kerri Walsh Jennings. Pair was eliminated in the round of 16 by China
- Opened the 2015 season finishing third with Walsh Jennings at the FIVB World Tour Fuzhou Open. At that point, team led all women with most podium placements on the World Tour, with seven.
- Earned silver at the Long Beach Grand Slam with Walsh Jennings, their second podium finish of the 2015 World Tour
- Won the AVP New Orleans Open to start the 2015 Tour. Withdrew days later at the FIVB World Tour Moscow Grand Slam when partner Walsh Jennings sustained an injury, team still tied for 17th
- Finished fourth at the 2015 Gstaad Major after Walsh Jennings re-injured her shoulder in the third round, duo withdrew from the semifinal and bronze medal matches
- Finished 25th with Whitney Pavlik at the 2015 St. Petersburg Grand Slam after the duo withdrew during pool play. Partnered with Jennifer Fopma for the Yokohama Grand Slam, duo finished fourth
- Following a 32 day hiatus from partner Kerri Walsh Jennings' injury, the team played their first match at the FIVB Beach World Championships, beating The Netherlands' Braakman/Sinnema 2-0 on June 27
- Finished fifth at the Olsztyn Grand Slam with Walsh Jennings, the final GS of the 2015 season
- Finished ninth at the Rio Open, her final event of the 2015 season with Walsh Jennings
- Finished fifth at the AVP New York City event with Fopma, followed by winning the AVP Seattle Open, their first win as a team and second AVP win for Ross in 2015
- Ross and partner Kerri Walsh Jennings went undefeated on the domestic AVP Tour in 2014. They went 7-0 in tournaments, 36-0 in matches and 70-3 in sets.
- Ross and Walsh Jennings started playing together at the end of 2013 and won the FIVB Grand Slams in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Xiamen, China
- Was named USAV Female Beach Athlete of the Year in 2014, 2013, 2011 and 2009. Ross and Kessy were named USAV Beach Team of the Year in 2009 and 2012
- Was the first U.S. woman to win the FIVB Rookie of the Year award in 2007
- Ross and Kessy started playing full time together in 2007 when neither of their regular partners could play in the first tournament of the season. They finished second at that tournament (AVP in Miami) and kept playing together.
- In 2008, Ross and Kessy just missed qualifying for the Olympic Games. They were seventh in the FIVB rankings, but the third-place U.S. team.
- In seven and a half seasons as partners, Ross and Kessy won 10 FIVB gold medals, 11 silvers and nine bronze. In 2013, Ross and Kessy took silver medals at the World Cup Final and the Rome Grand Slam and also won the World Series Cup in Long Beach.
- Ross attended Newport Harbor High School in Newport Beach, Calif., where she competed in indoor volleyball (four years), basketball (three years) and track and field (four years). She was the 1999 Gatorade Circle of Champions National Player of the Year
Executive Platinum flight
Dec. 19, 2014
April Ross flies to London and back, earning Executive Platinum status
My Experience at the NCAA final four
Dec. 13, 2014
April Ross reflects on her NCAA Championships with USC
April Ross Stays on Target
BJ Evans Dec. 11, 2014
April Ross named USA Volleyball Female Beach Athlete of the Year
April Ross Photo Gallery
Dec. 11, 2014
Bloopers of 2014
Dec. 10, 2014
Bloopers from events all throughout 2014.
Off the Court: With April Ross
Tyson Rodgers Nov. 24, 2014
Beach star April Ross joins this week's "Off the Court" Q&A.
Ross, Gibb are MVPs at AVP Awards
BJ Evans Nov. 19, 2014
U.S. Beach Teams Fall at Sao Paulo
Jessica Hall Sept. 26, 2014
U.S. beach squads end run at the FIVB Sao Paulo Grand Slam on Friday.
Beach Teams Advance in Sao Paulo
Jessica Hall Sept. 25, 2014
Four women's teams and three men's make it out of pool play in Brazil
Kerri Walsh Jennings And April Ross Reflect On First Season Together
Peggy Shinn Sept. 23, 2014
What has made Kerri Walsh Jennings & April Ross so successful, so quickly?
More Stories ›