- 2016, bronze
- 2012, silver
- MOST NOTABLE
- 2016 Olympic Games, bronze with Kerri Walsh Jennings; 2012 Olympic Games, silver with Jennifer Kessy
- On the 2014 FIVB Tour, Ross and Kerri Walsh Jennings won gold medals at the Fuzhou Open in China, the Moscow Grand Slam, the Stavanger Grand Slam in Norway and the World Series of Beach Volleyball in Long Beach, Calif. They finished the season ranked third by the FIVB
- Ross and Jennifer Kessy won the 2009 FIVB World Championship in Stavanger, Norway
- Led USC to the 2003 NCAA National Championship
- DID YOU KNOW
- In 2016 on the FIVB World Tour, Ross and Walsh Jennings medaled nine times, of which five were gold. Finished the 2016 season tying for fifth at the World Tour Finals, losing to the Olympic gold medalists from Germany Laura Ludwig/Kira Walkenhorst
- Won bronze with Kerri Walsh Jennings at the 2016 Rio Olympics, beating Brazil's Larissa Franca/Talita Antunes, 17-21, 21-17, 15-9
- In the first FIVB tournament following the 2016 Olympics, won gold with Walsh Jennings at the Long Beach Grand Slam, their fifth gold of 2016 and 11th as a team
- Finished third in 2016 Olympic qualification, with Walsh Jennings; duo had the #3 seed in the Olympics
- With Walsh Jennings, pair had six medals in 2016 Olympic qualification (2015-16) and earned a #3 seed at the Games: Fuzhou Open (3rd, 2015), Long Beach Grand Slam (2nd), Rio Grand Slam (1st), Vitoria Open (2nd), Xiamen Open (3rd), Fuzhou Open (1st, 2016), Cincinnati Open (1st, 2016), Moscow Grand Slam (1st, 2016), Gstaad Major (2nd, 2016)
- In 2016 on the AVP Tour, won gold three times with Walsh Jennings
- Walsh Jennings and April Ross posted their 100th team victory at the 2016 Rio Grand Slam against Germany's Buthe/Borger in the semifinals
- Finished fifth with Lauren Fendrick at the inaugural FIVB World Tour Finals in 2015
- Finished ninth at the 2015 Beach World Championships with Kerri Walsh Jennings. Pair was eliminated in the round of 16 by China
- On the 2015 AVP Tour, won four events with three different partners. Won the AVP Manhattan Beach Open with Jennifer Fopma and AVP Championship with Lauren Fendrick
- Ross and partner Kerri Walsh Jennings went undefeated on the domestic AVP Tour in 2014. They went 7-0 in tournaments, 36-0 in matches and 70-3 in sets
- Ross and Walsh Jennings started playing together at the end of 2013 and won the FIVB Grand Slams in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and Xiamen, China
- Was the first U.S. woman to win the FIVB Rookie of the Year award in 2007
- Ross and Kessy started playing full time together in 2007 when neither of their regular partners could play in the first tournament of the season. They finished second at that tournament (AVP in Miami) and kept playing together.
- In 2008, Ross and Kessy just missed qualifying for the Olympic Games. They were seventh in the FIVB rankings, but the third-place U.S. team
- In seven and a half seasons as partners, Ross and Kessy won 10 FIVB gold medals, 11 silvers and nine bronze. In 2013, Ross and Kessy took silver medals at the World Cup Final and the Rome Grand Slam and also won the World Series Cup in Long Beach.
Why Beach Volleyball Players Flock To Southern California
July 18, 2016
Manhattan Beach and Huntington Beach are two of the meccas of the sport of beach volleyball.
Kerri Walsh Jennings And April Ross Take Silver In Final Rio Tune-Up
Craig Bohnert July 09, 2016
Battle against Brazilians may have been a preview of the Olympic gold-medal pairing.
Team USA Gears Up For Excitement Of Rio 2016
Andrea Mazzarelli June 23, 2016
Athletes have spent months competing in and visiting Rio and look forward to getting there this summer.
Her Star Still Shining Bright, Kerri Walsh Jennings Wins In NYC, Aims For Rio
Stuart Lieberman June 21, 2016
Beach volleyball veteran Walsh Jennings and new partner April Ross are heating up.
U.S. Olympic Women’s Beach Volleyball Team Includes Pair Of Olympic Medalists, Team Of Newcomers
Craig Bohnert June 12, 2016
Walsh Jennings qualifies for fifth Games, Ross for her second, while Fendrick and Sweat will make debuts.
U.S. Olympic Committee Announces Best Of May Honors For Team USA Awards Presented By Dow
United States Olympic Committee June 07, 2016
Judokas Harrison and Stevens and beach volleyball duo Ross and Walsh Jennings earn May accolades.
Vote On Team USA's Top Athletes From May
June 01, 2016
See which athletes made Team USA's Best of May nominations and vote on your favorites.
Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross Golden Again With First-Ever Win Over No. 1 Brazilians
Craig Bohnert May 29, 2016
The U.S. team won its third straight gold medal in Olympic qualifying.
Kerri Walsh Jennings, April Ross Win In Cincinnati For Second Straight Gold
Craig Bohnert May 21, 2016
The Olympic medalists won their seventh medal of their 12 Olympic qualification tournaments.
100 Storylines To Follow For The Rio 2016 Olympic Games
Karen Rosen April 27, 2016
Find out just about everything you need to know for the final countdown to the Rio Games.