Track and Field
- Olympian (2012); Two-time Olympic medalist (1 silver, 1 bronze)
- Rio 2016 Olympic Games, qualified
- London 2012 Olympic Games, silver (triple jump); bronze (long jump)
- In 2012, became the first man since 1936 and the first American since 1904 to win Olympic medals in both the long and triple jumps.
- Most recent: 2015 – 19th (triple jump)
- Years of participation: Outdoor – 2011, 2013, 2015 (triple jump, long jump); Indoor – 2012 (triple jump, long jump)
- Medals: 3 (1 gold, 2 bronzes)
- Gold – 2012 (triple jump)
- Bronze – 2011 (triple jump); 2013 (triple jump)
At 41, Ageless Bernard Lagat Makes Fifth Olympic Team For His Children
Karen Rosen July 09, 2016
Lagat won the 5,000-meter at Olympic Trials for his eighth national title in the event.
10 Storylines To Follow At The U.S. Olympic Team Trials For Track And Field
Karen Rosen June 30, 2016
More than 1,000 athletes will compete for a shot at roughly 130 spots on Team USA.
Bowie, Gatlin, Harrison, Taylor Lead Team USA To 7 Wins At Historic Hayward Field
Beau Eastes May 28, 2016
Team USA proved to be the most dominant at the Prefontaine Classic, a Diamond League meet.
8 Burning Questions For Team USA At Track And Field World Championships
Karen Rosen Aug. 20, 2015
Team USA heads to Beijing looking to continue its season of dominance.
Gallery: First-Ever Kids' Choice Sports Awards
July 18, 2014
Eight members of Team USA took home awards at Kids' Choice Sports awards
Claye Wants to Cap Off Nationals With Two Titles
Karen Rosen June 26, 2014
Will Claye determined to master both long and triple jump in era of specialization
Track & Field's All-Star World Team
Karen Rosen June 24, 2013
With both new and old faces on the team, find out who to watch for in Moscow
U.S. Pairs Send One-Two Punch with Gold, Silver
Virginia Harrison Aug. 09, 2012
Eaton, Hardee go 1-2 in decathlon; Taylor, Claye follow suit in triple jump
More Stories ›