Track and Field
Sport: Track and Field
Current Residence: Beaverton, Ore.
College: Northern Arizona University '12, Hotel and Restaurant Management
- 2008 Olympic Games, semifinals in 1,500m
- 2012 Olympic Games, 10th place in 5,000m
- 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials, 3rd (5,000-meter)
- 2012 USA Indoor Championships, 2nd (3,000-meter)
- Two-time national outdoor champion, 1,500-meter (2009, 2010)
- 2007 NCAA outdoor champion (1,500-meter)
- 2007 NCAA indoor champion (3,000-meter)
Fun Facts: Served as the U.S. delegation Opening Ceremony flag bearer at the 2008 Olympic Games...Family fled Kimotong, Sudan, to avoid an attacking militia group when he was 6...Lived in a refugee camp run by Catholic missionaries for 10 years...Became a U.S. citizen in 2007...Enjoys hip-hop music...Created the Lopez Lomong Foundation.
USA Track and Field Bio
More Stories ›