Who needs a WTF Global License?
All Kyorugi and Poomsae Athletes: Cadet, Junior, Senior
All Team Officials: Coaches, Managers, Medical
Athletes and Officials participating in WTF promoted Championships, WTF Ranking Point Tournaments, and Continental Union recognized Tournaments are required to obtain a WTF Global License.
***Referees are not required to obtain a Global License***
When should I apply/renew?
Apply/renew a minimum of 1 month prior to the start of the competition you are planning to attend.
What documentation do I need to provide for my Global License?
- A color passport style ID picture.
- Valid copy of a U.S. Passport, Birth Certificate, Driver’s License or Green Card
- A copy of Kukkiwon or Black Belt Certificate (Kukkiwon or Black Belt Certificate is not required for Global Officials)
- Submit completed application
- Submit payment of $35.00 USD
**Athletes are required to provide a Kukkiwon certificate and a current passport in order to compete in World and Pan Am Championships**
Where can I find the GAL/GOL application?
If you are applying for a Global License as an ATHLETE, download the GAL application form HERE.
If you are applying for a Global License as a COACH, download the GOL application form HERE.
If you are applying as both an ATHLETE & COACH, download the application HERE.
When should I expect to receive my card?
It will take approximately 6 – 12 weeks (depending on the time of year) to receive your GAL/GOL card. If you are planning to attend a WTF sanctioned event and will not receive your Global License card on time, follow the instructions below to print out confirmation of GAL/GOL.
- After final approval, an email will be sent to the address supplied on the application. Use the log-in information in this email to Log-in to the WTF Hangastar system.
- Once you are logged on, click on “Registration Status”
- Click “Confirmation Page”
- Print this Global License confirmation for your records
The document that prints will provide proof of Global License to any international organizing committee.
Have questions or concerns?
Contact GAL@usa-taekwondo.us or Sarah Randall at 719-866-3628