September 2-7, 2013
Lily Yip Table Tennis Center
370 North Ave, Dunellen, New Jersey 08812
The Lily Yip Table Tennis Center is a state of the art, 15,000 square ft., full time, dedicated table tennis facility with 24 tables on two floors. The Center is also an ITTF Hot Spot Center, one of only 22 such training centers in the world.
Applications for the ITTF Level 2 Course are limited to coaches who meet the following requirements:
- Currently listed on the ITTF Coaches Registry as a Level 1 Coach
- Must have attended the ITTF Level 1 Course before September 1, 2012
- (1 year between courses)
ITTF Course Conductor/Trainer, Richard McAfee will conduct the course. Coach McAfee is one of the most experienced ITTF Course Conductors having conducted courses in many countries around the World.
Director and Head Coach, Lily Yip will serve as the local organizer.
The ITTF Level 2 Course is a 36 hour course normally held over six days while holding two (3-hour) sessions each day. The course material and syllabus can be found in the ITTF Advanced Manual. This material is a big step “up” from the ITTF Level 1 Course and it is highly recommended that all participants get a copy of the ITTF Advanced Manual and spend time in study before attending the course.
While the ITTF Level 1 Course is a general preparation course for coaches working with beginners and especially children, the Level 2 Course covers how to teach much higher level technical skills to fulfill the needs of athletes from 1800-2400 USATT Level.
ITTF Level 2 Course is officially recognized by ITTF and has the following requirements:
- Attendance at 36 hour course conducted by an ITTF approved Course Conductor
- Passing both a verbal and practical exam.
- Grading: The ITTF Level 2 Course offers much higher level of material than that found at the Level 1. There is a two-part test consisting of a verbal and practical exam. The test total is 20. Those that score 10-14 pass ITTF L2 but are not eligible to do ITTF L3 in the future and are listed as ITTF Level 2. Those that score 15-20 are eligible to attend ITTF L3 in the future and are listed as ITTF Level 2*. Scores from 1-9 do not pass the course.
- After the course, 50 hours coaching practice must be completed.
- From the 50 hours coaching practice, 5 hours must be supervised by the ITTF Course Conductor or a person appointed by the ITTF Course Conductor. This supervisor evaluates each coach using the “Confidential Coaching Report” This must be approved by the ITTF Course Conductor, who provides the certificates if all requirements are met.
- September 2-7, 2013, the ITTF Level 2 Course will be conducted.
- There will be 2 sessions each day.
- Daily sessions are 9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm.
$300.00 per person plus each coach must purchase the ITTF Advanced Manual, available from PaddlePalace.com for $29.95. Coaches are responsible for their own transportation and room and board arrangements.
- 4701 Stelton Road
- South Plainfield, NJ 07080
- (908) 753-5500 (908) 753-5500 FREE
- Ask for the LYTTC special rate which includes a full breakfast. Please use code: LYTTC.