Dates: June 10-14, 2013
Location: Austin Table Tennis Club/Association
8956 Research Blvd, Austin, Texas, 78758
Eligibility: The Course is open to all interested Table Tennis Coaches and persons wishing to become certified as ITTF-PTT Level 1 Coaches. Coaches completing all the course requirements will receive both ITTF and PTT (Paralympic) Level 1 Certification. In addition, coaches who pass this course and who are not USATT Certified will also be awarded “State” Level Coaches Certification by the USATT.
ITTF Course Conductor/Trainer, Richard McAfee will conduct the course. Coach McAfee is one of the most experienced ITTF Course Conductors having conducted courses in many countries around the World.
Head Coach of the Austin Table Tennis Association, Kenneth Beauchamp will serve as the local organizer.
Equipment: Six-eight table tennis tables and balls will be used for the course.
The ITTF introduced a new system of Coach Accreditation in English in 2004 and in French and Spanish in 2005. The ITTF Level 1 Coaching Manual formed the basis, containing syllabus and course material for:
- Community Leader Course-3 hour
- School Teacher Course-6 hour
- Club Coach Course-12 hour
- ITTF Level 1Course-24 hour
- ITTF Para Level 1- 6 hours (total of 30 hours)
- All courses are cumulative.
ITTF Level 1 is the first level officially recognized by ITTF and has the following requirements:
- Attendance at 24 hour course conducted by an ITTF approved Course Conductor
- 10 minute Coaching Practical presentation during the course. A “PASS” is required to be eligible for ITTF Level 1
- After the course, 30 hours coaching practice must be completed. This coaching practice should be predominantly group coaching benefiting the table tennis community or junior or school groups.
- From the 30 hours coaching practice, 5 hours must be supervised by the ITTF Course Conductor or a person appointed by the ITTF Course Conductor. This supervisor evaluates each coach using the “Confidential Coaching Report” [pages 299-301 of the ITTF Level 1 Manual] This must be approved by the ITTF Course Conductor, who provides the certificates if all requirements are met.
In 2007 IPTTC has developed an optional additional 6 hours for “athletes with disabilities” in English. Coaches that complete the additional 6 hours will be ITTF + PTT Level 1 Coaches.
- June 10-13, 2013, The ITTF Level 1 Course will be conducted. There will be 2 sessions each day.
- June 14, 2013, The PTT Level 1 Course will be conducted. There will be 2 sessions each day.
- Daily sessions are 9am-12pm and 1pm-4pm.
Costs: $225.00 per person plus each coach must purchase the ITTF Level 1 Manual, available from PaddlePalace.com for $29.95. Coaches are responsible for their own transportation and room and board arrangements.
Hotel: Econo Lodge 9102 Burnet Road, Austin, Texas