FREMONT TABLE TENNIS ACADEMY-NATIONAL CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
Fremont Table Tennis Academy (FTTA) is situated in the East Bay of the San Francisco Bay Area in Northern California. It aims to provide a fun experience to all students while they learn the skills of the sport. FTTA teaches fresh beginners to tournament-winning students. Players of all ages and levels are welcome to take classes.
FTTA is open daily for various programs and has classes for kids daily as well as classes for adults. Shashin Shodhan, who has represented the US in the North American Olympic Trials, is FTTA's head coach and owner and FTTA has 3 International Table Tennis Federation-certified Level 2 coaches on staff. FTTA has been at its current location for about 5 years and will also be having a new bigger facility very shortly which will have USATT-sanctioned tournaments. Its new location will have open play daily as well as classes available daily.
FTTA students have won over 50 tournament titles in USA Table Tennis-sanctioned tournaments, including at the past US Nationals.
Highlights for the past year for FTTA students are the following:
- 14 top 3 finishes at the past 3 major US tournaments (2013 US Open, 2013 US Nationals, and 2014 US Open) with 6 current students
- Balakumaran Balasubramanian having the highest-rating point improvement (+654 points) out of 700 players at the 2014 US Open
- 14 first and second-place finishes at the 2014 Sacramento Spring Open with 14 students
- Co-Champion for Best Club Performance at the 2013 Concord Youth Cup
- 42 top 3 finishes at past 4 Sacramento Opens