USA Roller Sports
Below you will find links to informational documents and websites regarding Anti-Doping Policies.
USADA (U.S. Anti-Doping Agency): IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Drug Reference Line: (800) 233-0393
USADA has authority to test:
- any athlete who is a member of a National Governing Body (NGB)
- any athlete participating at a competition sanctioned by the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) or a NGB
- any international athlete who is present in the United States
- any other athlete who has given his/her consent to testing by USADA or who has submitted a Whereabouts Filing to USADA or an International Federation (IF) within the previous 12 months and has not given his/her NGB or USADA written notice of retirement
- any athlete who has been named by the USOC or a NGB to an international team or who is included in the USADA Registered Testing Pool or is competing in a qualifying event to represent the USOC or NGB in international competition
- any United States athlete or international athlete present in the United States who is serving a period of ineligibility on account of an anti-doping rules violation and who has not given prior notice of retirement from all sanctioned competitions to the applicable NGB and USADA, or the applicable foreign anti-doping agency or foreign sports association
TUEs and Medical Declarations
- The use of substances on the World Anti-Doping Agency’s Prohibited List for medical reasons requires an approved Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) OR a Declaration of Use. To gain approval, an athlete must submit the appropriate application form along with substantial medical justification for the use of the prohibited substance at least 21 days in advance of intended use.
THE GLOBAL DRUG REFERENCE ONLINE (GLOBAL DRO) provides athletes and support personnel with information about the prohibited status of specific substances based on the current World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Prohibited List.
GO TO: www.usantidoping.org and click on Global DRO
USADA's Drug Reference Line provides athletes, parents, coaches, etc., a personal resource to understanding prohibited substances based on the WADA Prohibited List. A pharmacist is available to answer questions athletes may have about the status of a substance; whether a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) is needed; and how that process can be started or carried out. The resource is available Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. MST. The number is (800) 233-0393 within the United States and (719) 785-2020 outside the country.