USA Karate is the National Governing Body for Karate as recognized by the US Olympic Committee as well as a member of both the World Karate Federation and the Pan American Karate Federation.USA Karate (USA National Karate-do Federation (USA-NKF)) is made up of members who enjoy the highest caliber Karate in the United States. Within its technical, administrative, referee, medical and athlete corps, USA Karate contains an impressive group of competent, internationally certified, world class Karate-ka of the highest integrity.
These men and women are dedicated to the growth of Karate in the United States, and to the sustained competitive excellence of US athletes in international Karate competitions.
USA Karate's membership is made up of the most talented Karate athletes in the United States. These excellent athletes are also counted amongst the best in the world. This includes 3 World Gold Medalists, 1 World Silver Medalist, and 5 World Bronze Medalists, as well as Multiple Gold, Silver, and Bronze Medalists from the Pan American Games.
As a 501c3 nonprofit organization, USA Karate relies upon the talent and efforts of its volunteer corps who are mutually vested in the welfare and future of America's Karate participants. We welcome Karate partitioners of all styles and background to get involved with the premier Karate organization in the United States.
On April 14th, 1996, the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) Board of Directors upon the recommendation submitted by the USOC Membership and Credentials Committee voted to sanction the newly formed USA National Karate-do Federation (USA-NKF) as a member. This membership met with unanimous approval.
As the National Governing Body for the sport of Karate in the United States, USA Karate's responsibilities include:
- The growth of the Sport of Karate within the United States
- The selection, development, and sustained competitive excellence of US athletes in international Karate competition
- Representing the United States to the World Karate Federation and the Pan American Karate Federation
- Organizing and Sanctioning National and International Karate Competitions within the United States
As the largest Karate Organization in the United States in "nature, quality, scope and strength" as determined by the Amateur Sports Act and the US Olympic Committee, USA Karate remains a nonprofit 501c3 organization open to all martial arts practitioners. It is an organization dedicated to the growth and promulgation of all types of Karate in our country.
- Pan American Games
- Senior World Karate Championships
- Junior World Karate Championships
- World Games
- World Combat Games
- Senior Pan American Karate Championships
- Junior Pan American Karate Championships
- World University Karate Championships
- World Karate Federation Premier League, Karate 1, and World Cup Championships
|Affiliated Organization Members|
|American Shotokan Karate Association||327 N Eric Dr, Palatine, IL 60067
|Amateur Athletic Union of the United States, Inc.||P O Box 22409, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
|USA Karate Federation||1300 Kenmore Blvd, Akron, OH 44314|
|USA Martial Arts Federation||81 Olde Main Plaza, St. Albans, WV 25177