CURRENT RESIDENCE: Lancaster, PA
Watching her older sister, Laura, play field hockey in junior high was all the inspiration Sharkey needed to get hooked on the sport. Eventually hitting around in her backyard at home translated into Sharkey being dubbed as the Division I Leading Goal Scorer for the 2010 and 2012 seasons while at Princeton University. She currently holds the Princeton University Field Hockey record for career goals (107), goals in a season (38), and most goals in a game (6). Her outstanding track record of goal scoring has carried on through her National Team endeavors.
- 2013: Member of the silver medal team at 2013 Pan American Cup (Medoza, ARG)
- 2012: Member of Four Nations Tournament team (Barcelona, SPN)
- 2011: Named to National team; Member of team during Germany/Belgium Tour
- 2010: Named to US Developmental Squad and nominated for the 2010 Honda Award
- 2009-2010,2012: Named First Team NCAA All-American
- 2008-2011: Member of the US U21 National Team
- 2008: Junior Pan American Cup (1st, Mexico) and named Ivy League Rookie of the Year
- 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012: First Team All Ivy, First Team All- Region
High School: Wyoming Seminary
Club: Valley Styx
Years of Futures: 2005-2008
College: Princeton University
Names of parents/guardians: Thomas and Anne Sharkey
Names of siblings: Laura, Tom, Jeffrey
Favorite sports quote: Those who have the will to win cannot be beaten.
Best words of advice: Enjoy the game.
More Stories ›