Hometown: Robesonia, Pa.
Current Residence: Lancaster, Pa.
Joined National Team: 2010
As a rising superstar goalkeeper, Kintzer helped the Tar Heels win two NCAA titles before joining the U.S. National Team in 2010 and making field hockey a career. Originally left off the 2011 Pan American Games roster, Kintzer received a phone call a mere day prior to the start of the Olympic qualification tournament with a voice on the other end telling her to pack her bags and hop on the next flight to Guadalajara. Kintzer helped Team USA defeat Argentina to win its first Pan American gold medal and earn a berth in the 2012 Olympics in London. Kintzer was a member of the gold medal Champions Challenge squad and a part of the U.S. squad that stunned the world with a fourth place finish at the 2014 Rabobank Hockey World Cup.
- 2014: Champions Challenge (1st, Glasgow, Scotland), Rabobank Hockey World Cup (4th, The Hague, Netherlands)
- 2013: Four Nations (Auckland, New Zealand)...World League Round 2 (1st, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)
- 2012: Champions Challenge I (2nd, Dublin, Ireland)... Named a replacement athlete for the London Olympic Games
- 2011: XVI Pan American Games (1st, Guadalajara, Mexico)... Champions Challenge I (2nd, Dublin, Ireland)
- 2009: Junior World Cup (Boston, Mass.)
- 2008: Pan American Junior Championships (1st, Mexico City, Mexico)
High School: Conrad Weiser High School '06
Club: High Styx
College: University of North Carolina '10
Major: Studio Art with a concentration in painting
Names of parents/guardians: Roxanne and Dean Kintzer
IN THE NEWS
- After Pan Am gold, Kintzer hopes for Olympics. Reading Eagle, February 11, 2012
More Stories ›