Sara Taffel Places 10th at Leszno Junior Foil World Cup
(Colorado Springs, Colo.) – Sara Taffel (New York City, N.Y.) finished in 10th place at the Leszno Junior Foil World Cup in Poland on Saturday.
A silver medalist at the 2012 Cadet Worlds, the 17-year-old has earned two top-16 finishes on the Junior World Cup circuit this year.
Seeded fifth out of the pools, Taffel earned a bye into the table of 32 where she defeated Nicole Walzhofer (AUT), 15-3.
Taffel finished 10th after a 15-12 loss in the table of 16 to Russian Svetlana Tripapina.
Click here to view complete results.
Top eight and U.S. results are as follows:
Women’s Leszno Junior Foil World Cup
1. Alanna Goldie (CAN)
2. Viktoria Alexeeva (RUS)
3. Leyla Pirieva (RUS)
3. Kristina Samsonova (RUS)
5. Julia Chrzanowska (POL)
6. Eleanor Harvey (CAN)
7. Anna Szymczak (POL)
8. Svetlana Tripapina (RUS)
10. Sara Taffel (New York City, N.Y.)
17. Jacqueline Dubrovich (Riverdale, N.J.)
20. Kyjah Coryat (New York City, N.Y.)
26. Kate Northrop (Bridgewater, N.J.)
32. Jessie Laffey (Glen Ridge, N.J.)
38. Quinn Crum (Providence, R.I.)
46. MacKenzie Lawrence (Leawood, Kans.)
48. Eliza Klyce (San Francisco, Calif.)
49. Hali Nelson (Brookline, Mass.)
59. Stephanie Chan (Cupertino, Calif.)