- Level I Official
- Level II Official
- Level III Official
- Level IV Official
- Officiating Forms and Resources
- Schedule a Course
- Sign Up For Course
Level I officials enjoy a front-row view of championship games as Game Timers. The Game Timer is responsible for operating the time clock on an assigned sheet. The operator must be thoroughly familiar with the equipment, as well as the rules governing the use of time clocks. In addition, Level I officials gain experience as End-Ice Observers working on the “other side of the glass.” Rules, procedures, and the manner in which the duties of Level I officials fit in the over-all structure of officiating at a curling competition will be emphasized throughout training.
- Read USA Curling SafeSport Handbook
- USCA Level I officiating course
Practical Experience (must be completed within three (3) years of course):
- Game Timer for six (6) draws at one or more USCA events
- End-Ice Observer for three (3) draws at one or more USCA events
All practical experience must receive satisfactory reviews by the Chief Umpire of the event.
Upon completion of practical requirements, forward Level I Application and Officiating Record to USA Curling at:
Attn: Development Associate
5525 Clem’s Way
Stevens Point, WI 54482
Certification Maintenance Requirements:
- Level I officials must work as a Game Timer or End-Ice Observer for a minimum of three (3) draws every three years and have satisfactory reviews from the Chief Umpires to maintain certification.
- Upon completion of Certification Maintenance Requirements, forward updated Officiating Record to USA Curling.
Failure to maintain certification will necessitate participation in a new officiating course.