January 8, 2013 - Paracanoe Committee Minutes (conference call)
1) Trials – LPI, 6-7 JULY. Thanks Deb.. Any other discussions items as it relates to our paracanoe trials?
- Able bodies approved by USOC, we still do not know the disciplines for Paracanoe.
- Discussion on country clearances and funding issues – both issues are open.
- Boat has been shipped. Will be delivered in England at the end of Jan. We need a location for the boat to be dropped off.
- Working on sharing and leveraging resources.
- Paddle Now is our Grow the Base terminology.
- Alan Anderson will template what is going on in the NW sector and start collaborating and coordinating efforts in the SE sector with Stephen Knight.
- Presentation is in our drop box for review. Paracanoe PowerPoint will be updated to include a listing of USA Canoe/Kayak sprint clubs offering Paracanoe. Also, the number of Paralympic Paracanoe events will be changed as soon as the IPC and ICF announce their decision.
- Deb – work in progress, will make deadline.
- Lally will be heading to London mid Feb for a meeting
- Joe J: Rec a donation of $52K to buy Paracanoes in Ok City. Coaching/Leadership Conf in Ok City (15-17 Feb)
- Josh Wold – newly appointed ParaCanoe committee member
- The 2013 United States Olympic Committee Paralympic Leadership Conference presented by Deloitte is April 26-29, 2013, in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Registration information will be posted on the U.S. Paralympics web site.