Federal Tax ID: 36-3332979
A member of the United States Olympic Committee, USA Canoe/Kayak is the national governing body for the Olympic sports of Canoe Sprint and Canoe Slalom as well as the Paralympic sport of Paracanoe. USA Canoe/Kayak is also the U.S. member of the International Canoe Federation and the Pan American Canoe Federation. Other paddlesports sanctioned by USA Canoe/Kayak include: Dragon Boat, Freestyle, Marathon, Surfski, Wildwater, Outrigger, Canoe Polo, Canoe Sailing and Stand-Up Paddleboard.
USA Canoe/Kayak offers athletes the opportunity to win Olympic medals in up to 16 events, the sixth most of any sport. Paracanoe will make its inaugural appearance at the Paralympic Games in Rio, 2016. So whether you are just getting into paddling or have been for many years, you have an opportunity to represent your country in the sport we love.
- Fund the Mission Generate the resources needed for USA Canoe/Kayak to achieve its Mission and Goals
- Grow the Base Develop new and innovative paths of access to competitive paddlesports that expand our base of participation
- Achieve Sustained International Competitive Success Win medals at premiere international events
- Empower Bold Leadership Set high standards for our performance and sport culture, founded in a strategy and structure that coordinates, collaborates, and empowers leadership at all levels of our sport
- Expand Global Presence and Influence
The Mission of USA Canoe/Kayak shall be to enable United States athletes to achieve sustained competitive excellence in Olympic, Paralympic, Pan American, and other international competition; and to promote and grow paddlesports in the United States.
Through development programs and competitive opportunities, USACK will retain talented athletes, coaches and officials.
Through targeted development planning and execution, USACK will develop internationally competitive athletes, coaches and officials
Governance is the process of providing strategic leadership to a nonprofit organization. It entails the functions of setting direction, making policy and strategy decisions, overseeing and monitoring organizational performance, and ensuring overall accountability. Nonprofit governance is a political and organizational process involving multiple functions and engaging multiple stakeholders.