Bobsled & Skeleton
HEIGHT 5'6" WEIGHT 135 lbs
Veronica Day's start in skeleton was born from an inside joke with her roommate. While watching the 2010 Olympic Winter Games on television, they joked that they were going to try out for the bobsled team after graduating from college.
While Day didn't become a bobsledder, she did find her way onto a skeleton sled in 2011. Since then, she's impressed the coaching staff with blistering start times.
Day has a long list of accomplishments as a track and field athlete. She is a three-time Southern Conference Champion, nine-time All-Conference honoree, Southern Conference Field Athlete of the Year and recipient of the Stein H. Basnight Most Outstanding Athlete Award by Elon University.
- She studied abroad in Osaka, Japan and was a member of the Kansai Gaidai track team.
- She is excited for the first cat cafe to open in Denver.
- She currently own 150 bottles of nail polish. The good news is they're small enough to carry on an airplane.
2016 National Championships - 4th
2015-2016 North American Cup Overall Champion
- 2015-2016 North American Cup - BRONZE in Calgary #1 (11/15); BRONZE in Calgary #2 (11/15); 5th in Whistler #1 (11/15); 6th in Whistler #2 (11/15); BRONZE in Park City #1 (3/16); BRONZE in Park City #2 (3/16); SILVER in Lake Placid #1 (3/16); SILVER in Lake Placid #2 (3/16)
- 2014-2015 Intercontinental Cup - 10th in Calgary #2 (1/15); 9th in Calgary #1 (1/15); 11th in Whistler #2 (1/15); 10th in Whistler #1 (1/15); 18th in Winterberg (12/14); 18th in Koenigssee #2 (11/14); 20th in Koenigssee #1 (11/14); 12th Lillehammer #1 (11/14)
- 2013 National Championships - 8th in Lake Placid (3/13)
- 2012-2013 North American Cup -11th in Park City #2 (11/12), 8th in Lake Placid #1 (3/13)
- 2012 U.S. National Push Champion
Red, White & Trending: Oct. 9-15
Jamie MacDonald Oct. 16, 2015
Sydney Leroux's wedding brings out the soccer stars, ice brings out the sliders (weather permitting), gymnasts head to Glasgow, rugby gains support from space, out-of-this-world fall puns and more.
Time Management | Veronica Day | Adecco Thought Leadership
United States Olympic Committee Dec. 09, 2013
The skeleton athlete explains how Adecco has helped her achieve her goals
The Convergent Components of Life
June 04, 2013
Veronica Day let us know that when life takes a back seat, it does not necessarily mean that it is taking no seat.
More Stories ›