Bobsled & Skeleton
HEIGHT 5' 11" WEIGHT 210 lbs
Follow Taylor on Twitter and Instagram @NictaylorUSA and on Facebook by searching "Nic Taylor"!
Nicholas (Nic) Taylor was born on Saturday, May 16, 1987 in Colorado Springs, Colo. The native of Hayward, Calif first considered trying bobsled after hearing about the success of his former Boise State University roommate (and 2010 Olympian) Nick Cunningham.
Taylor was a track and field athlete at Cal State Northridge and CCSF. His first sport was taekwondo, but he also played football, wrestled and ran track at Mt. Eden High School in Hayward.
Taylor proposed to his teammate Elana Meyers Taylor in 2013 at the IBSF World Championships in 2013. They are now happily married.
Taylor has coached at UCLA, the Chula Vista Olympic Training Center and Altis, formerly known as the World Athletics Center. He now consults for various National Governing Bodies and organizations in high performance, speed training and strength and conditioning. This past summer, Taylor assisted Dan Pfaff in coaching the first and second place finishers in the men's long jump at the IAAF World Championships.
Taylor is now pursuing a second bachelors degree in engineering from Arizona State University, and is consulting in the sports technology department at the Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center.
- 2016 World Championships in four-person for pilot Steven Holcomb - 21st in Igls (2/16)
- 2015-2016 World Cup as push athlete for Dakarai Kongela in two-man - 20th in Whistler #2 (1/16)
- 2015-2016 World Cup as push athlete for Steven Holcomb in four-person - 17th in Altenberg (11/15)
- 2015-2016 World Cup as push athlete for Codie Bascue in four-person - 13th in Park City #1 (1/16)
- 2014-2015 European Cup - 10th in La Plagne (12/07)
- 2012-2013 World Cup as push athlete for Steven Holcomb in two-man - BRONZE Team Event in Igls (1/13)
- 2012-2013 World Cup as a push athlete for Cory Butner and Codie Bascue in four-man -14th in Park City (11/12), DNF in Whistler (11/12), 24th in Winterberg (12/12), 30th at World Championships in St. Moritz (2/13)
- 2012-2013 America's Cup as push athlete for Codie Bascue in four-man - GOLD in Lake Placid #1 (3/13), GOLD in Lake Placid #2 (3/13)
- 2012-2013 America's Cup as brakeman for Colin Coughlin in two-man - 9th in Lake Placid #2 (3/13)
- 2011-2012 America's Cup as brakeman for Cory Butner and Codie Bascue in two-man - BRONZE in Lake Placid #1 (12/11), SILVER in Lake Placid #2 (12/11)
- 2011-2012 America's Cup as push athlete for Cory Butner in four-man - GOLD in Lake Placid #1 (12/11), GOLD in Lake Placid #2 (12/11)
More Stories ›