Bobsled & Skeleton
HEIGHT 5' 11" WEIGHT 210 lbs
Follow Taylor on Twitter and Instagram @NictaylorUSA and on Facebook by searching "Nic Taylor"!
Nicholas (Nic) Taylor was born on Saturday, May 16, 1987 in Colorado Springs, Colo. The native of Hayward, Calif first considered trying bobsled after hearing about the success of his former Boise State University roommate (and 2010 Olympian) Nick Cunningham.
Taylor was a track and field athlete at Cal State Northridge and CCSF. His first sport was taekwondo, but he also played football, wrestled and ran track at Mt. Eden High School in Hayward.
Taylor proposed to his teammate Elana Meyers Taylor in 2013 at the IBSF World Championships in 2013. They are now happily married.
Taylor has coached at UCLA, the Chula Vista Olympic Training Center and Altis, formerly known as the World Athletics Center. He now consults for various National Governing Bodies and organizations in high performance, speed training and strength and conditioning. This past summer, Taylor assisted Dan Pfaff in coaching the first and second place finishers in the men's long jump at the IAAF World Championships.
Taylor is now pursuing a second bachelors degree in engineering from Arizona State University, and is consulting in the sports technology department at the Colorado Springs Olympic Training Center.
- 2016 World Championships in four-person for pilot Steven Holcomb - 21st in Igls (2/16)
- 2015-2016 World Cup as push athlete for Dakarai Kongela in two-man - 20th in Whistler #2 (1/16)
- 2015-2016 World Cup as push athlete for Steven Holcomb in four-person - 17th in Altenberg (11/15)
- 2015-2016 World Cup as push athlete for Codie Bascue in four-person - 13th in Park City #1 (1/16)
- 2014-2015 European Cup - 10th in La Plagne (12/07)
- 2012-2013 World Cup as push athlete for Steven Holcomb in two-man - BRONZE Team Event in Igls (1/13)
- 2012-2013 World Cup as a push athlete for Cory Butner and Codie Bascue in four-man -14th in Park City (11/12), DNF in Whistler (11/12), 24th in Winterberg (12/12), 30th at World Championships in St. Moritz (2/13)
- 2012-2013 America's Cup as push athlete for Codie Bascue in four-man - GOLD in Lake Placid #1 (3/13), GOLD in Lake Placid #2 (3/13)
- 2012-2013 America's Cup as brakeman for Colin Coughlin in two-man - 9th in Lake Placid #2 (3/13)
- 2011-2012 America's Cup as brakeman for Cory Butner and Codie Bascue in two-man - BRONZE in Lake Placid #1 (12/11), SILVER in Lake Placid #2 (12/11)
- 2011-2012 America's Cup as push athlete for Cory Butner in four-man - GOLD in Lake Placid #1 (12/11), GOLD in Lake Placid #2 (12/11)
Elana Meyers Taylor Builds A Foundation For Her Post-Sport Career, While Motivating Others
Daniel Kramer June 10, 2015
The two-time Olympic medalist took time out from her IOC internship in Switzerland to inspire FLAME participants.
Veterans Teach Rookies The Ropes In Bobsled
Karen Rosen Dec. 11, 2014
Five U.S. pilots from the 2014 Olympic Winter Games return for the world cup circuit, pushed by a group of primarily rookie bobsled athletes.
Elana Meyers Taylor Gets Bobsled Push From Husband
Amy Rosewater Nov. 03, 2014
Olympic medalist tries to help women break into the world of four-man bobsled
After Fast Start, Jarryd Wallace Takes “Baby Steps” Toward More Improvement
Doug Williams June 10, 2014
Wallace hopes to peak at the 2016 Paralympic Games
Inside The Life: High Performance Team Behind The Team
Tim Morehouse, 2008 Olympic Fencing Silver Medalist Oct. 25, 2013
Tim Morehouse takes an inside look at the staff behind Team USA
Inside The Life: Elana Meyers And Nic Taylor
Tim Morehouse, 2008 Olympic Fencing Silver Medalist Oct. 14, 2013
Tim Morehouse interviews the bobsledders about their relationship on and off the ice
Team USA's Momentum Builds In Park City
Brandon Penny Nov. 18, 2012
Bobsled and skeleton teams continue one of their most impressive seasons yet
U.S. National Bobsled Team Named
U.S. Bobsled and Skeleton Federation Oct. 25, 2012
Two Olympic track stars make their first bobsled World Cup team
Off The Beaten Track
Associated Press Oct. 22, 2012
Lolo Jones jumped to an impressive start in Team USA's bobsled selection races
More Stories ›