Height: 6'2" Weight: 227 lbs.
- 2014 Olympic Winter Games - BRONZE medal in four-man - BRONZE medal in two-man
- 2010 Olympic Winter Games
-Placed 10th in the two-man event with a time of 3:29.40
After watching the 2006 Winter Olympic Games, Steve Langton filled out an athlete resume online and attended a summer recruitment camp in Lake Placid, N.Y. It didn't take long for Langton to push his way onto the team, earning a spot on the World Cup circuit in his first competitive season as a bobsled athlete. Langton was named the 2008 Rookie of the Year before claiming the 2009 U.S. National Push Championship title. Since then, Langton has emerged as one of the best push athletes in the world and won the first-ever world push championship title in Cesana, Italy in 2011. Langton was named to Steven Holcomb's four-man "Night Train" team after the retirement of Steven Mesler, and has helped push the team to two world titles.
Langton was a member of Northeastern University's track and field team as a sprinter and jumper, where he finished third in the 100-meter dash at the outdoor 2004 America East Championship. In his final season, Langton took third in the 55-meter dash and fourth in the long jump at the indoor 2005 America East Championship. Langton set his personal best in 2006, running a 10.58 in the 100-meters, and nailing a 23'8" in the long jump event. Langton graduated from Northeastern University in 2005 with a degree in Business Management and Entrepreneurship. In his free time, Langton likes to read, beat John Daly in Dolphin Olympics, working out and spending time with his family. He is currently studying for his Master's of Business Administration at the Keller Graduate School of Management.
- 2013-2014 World Cup as brakeman for Steven Holcomb in four-man - GOLD in Calgary (11/30), GOLD in Park City (12/8), GOLD in Lake Placid (12/15), 20th in Winterberg #1 (1/4), 7th in Winterberg #2 (1/5), 7th in St. Moritz (1/12), SILVER in Igls (1/19), GOLD in Koenigssee (1/26)
- 2013-2014 World Cup as brakeman for Steven Holcomb in two-man - GOLD in Calgary (11/30), GOLD in Lake Placid #1 (12/13), 7th in Winterberg (1/3), GOLD in Igls (1/18)
- 2012-2013 World Cup as brakeman for Steven Holcomb in two-man
-GOLD in Lake Placid (11/12), GOLD in Whistler (11/12), BRONZE in La Plagne (12/12), 8th in Koenigssee (1/13), 4th at World Championships in St. Moritz (1/13), 12th in Sochi (2/13)
- 2012-2013 World Cup as push athlete for Steven Holcomb in four-man
-SILVER in Lake Placid (11/12), SILVER in Park City (11/12), 4th in Whistler (11/12), 6th in Winterberg (12/12), 7th in La Plagne (12/12), 7th in Koenigssee (1/13), 17th in Igls (1/13), BRONZE at World Championships in St. Moritz (2/13), 10th in Sochi (2/13)
- 2012 U.S. National Push Champion
- GOLD in two-man bobsled World Championships with Steven Holcomb in Lake Placid, N.Y. (2/12)
- GOLD in four-man bobsled World Championships with Steven Holcomb in Lake Placid, N.Y. (2/12)
- 2011-2012 World Cup as brakeman for Steven Holcomb in two-man
-SILVER in La Plagne (12/11), 5th in Altenberg (1/12), 4th in St. Moritz (1/12)
- 2011-2012 World Cup as push athlete for Steven Holcomb in four-man
-SILVER in Igls (12/11), 6th in La Plagne (12/11), 4th in Winterberg (12/11), 9th in Altenberg (1/12), 6th in Koenigssee (1/12), 4th in St. Moritz (1/12)
- 2011-2012 Europa Cup as brakeman for Steven Holcomb in two-man
-SILVER in Igls #1 (11/11), SILVER in Koenigssee #2 (11/11)
- 2011-2012 Euopa Cup as push athlete for Steven Holcomb in four-man
-SILVER in Igls #1 (11/11), GOLD in Igls #2 (11/11), 4th in Koenigssee (11/11)
- 2011 U.S. National Push Champion
- 2011 World Push Champion
- 2010-2011 World Cup as brakeman for Steven Holcomb in four-man
- GOLD in Whistler (11/10), 5th in Calgary (12/10), 6th in Park City (12/10), GOLD in Lake Placid (12/10), BRONZE in Igls (1/11), 6th in Winterberg (1/11), 8th in St. Moritz (1/11), 6th in Cesana (2/11), BRONZE at World Championships in Koenigssee (2/11)
- 2010-2011 World Cup as brakeman for Steven Holcomb in two-man
-4th in Calgary (12/10), 4th in Lake Placid (12/10), 6th in Igls (1/11), 7th in St. Moritz (1/11), 6th in World Championships in Koenigssee (2/11)
- 2010 U.S. Push Champion
- 2009-2010 World Cup as push athlete for Todd Hays & John Napier in the four-man
-6th in Park City (11/09), SILVER in Lake Placid (11/09), 5th in Winterberg (12/09), 10th in Altenberg (12/09), BRONZE in Konigssee (1/10), 11th in St. Moritz (1/10)
- 2009-2010 World Cup as brakeman for Todd Hays & John Napier in the two-man
-SILVER in Park City (11/09), 10th in Winterberg (12/09), 18th in Konigssee (1/10), 15th in St. Moritz (1/10), 12th in Igls (1/10)
- 2009-2010 America's Cup as push athlete for Todd Hays in the four-man
-GOLD in Park City #2 (12/09), GOLD in Park City #3 (12/09),
- 2009-2010 America's Cup as brakeman for Todd Hays in the two-man
-GOLD in Park City #1 (12/09), GOLD in Park City #2 (12/09)
- 2008-2009 America's Cup in the four-man
-GOLD in Lake Placid #1 (4/09), GOLD in Lake Placid #2 (4/09)
- 2008-2009 America's Cup in the two-man
-GOLD in Lake Placid (4/09)
Red, White & Trending: Feb. 10-16
Jamie MacDonald Feb. 17, 2017
The very best of Team USA’s Valentine’s Day offerings; Bode Miller’s new hybrid sport testing on Valentine’s Day in St. Moritz; lugers Matt Mortensen and Jayson Terdiman get vertical on PyeongChang’s track; skaters take you closer to PyeongChang, including Alex Shibutani’s most literal #RoadToPyeongChang; Grammys vibes for Team USA; workout vibes for the recently returned Steve Langton, whose biceps have ruined an otherwise loyal shirt; Meghan O'Leary makes the Power of One Day count in a TED Talk; Heather Bergsma shares her medal wares from PyeongChang; Steven Nyman is feeling better, but not great; Phil Dalhausser food shames beach volleyball partner Nick Lucena; Daron Rahlves’ kids can rip up a ski hill and much more.
Olympic Bobsled Powerhouses Langton, Fogt Are Back And Ready To Push Their Way To PyeongChang
Craig Sesker Feb. 14, 2017
The Sochi medalists both announced returns to the sport.
Red, White & Trending: Feb. 3-9
Jamie MacDonald Feb. 10, 2017
The best of the best of Team USA’s #1YearToGo barnstorming tour, including ice skaters meeting Ice Cube and Ice T, along with visions and dreams of PyeongChang and curling karaoke; big Steve Langton announces big bobsled news; two of the most inspirational videos you’ll see this week; ride along with Team USA during a roller-coaster Super Bowl, with Simone Biles sizing up Shaquille O’Neal; Steven Nyman taking another perspective after his season-ending knee injury; National Pizza Day fun; and the best package an Olympian or Paralympian could imagine.
Retirements, Injuries – Oh My! These Team USA Athletes Are Looking To Make Epic Olympic Comebacks
Karen Price Feb. 09, 2017
Whether from injury or absence or some other reason, these athletes are back for PyeongChang.
Red, White & Trending: Aug. 26-Sept. 1
Jamie MacDonald Sept. 02, 2016
Team USA’s Paralympic stars — including Tatyana McFadden, Brad Snyder, Jennifer Schuble and Jessica Long — are are retracing the magical Road to Rio (and they look good doing it), the Final Five's Video Music Awards odyssey (hugs with Beyonce? yes, hugs with Beyonce), all sorts of hometown cameos ranging from first pitches (Danell Leyva could use some work) to making a speech in front of an NFL team, keys to cities, Katie Ledecky and The Boss, Jordan Burroughs pricelessly snuggling with his baby (and in the crib, no less), Steve Langton stares down the Badlands, Mikaela Shiffrin and Missy Franklin become the bestest and fastest of friends, and much more.
Red, White & Trending: June 17-23
Jamie MacDonald June 24, 2016
Team USA's epic selfie day catches up with Michael Phelps and Tiger Woods, chronicling King James' historic Finals, conjuring deep emotions on #OlympicDay, taking giant leaps with Alana Nichols, exposing Tara Lipinski's fears, a White House visit, Father's Day tributes with a Team USA twist, Kaitlyn Farrington's pictures from (almost) the top of the world, Patrick Kane makes hockey history (and Jimmy Buffett's timeline), Kevin Durant makes Austin's day and much more.
Red, White & Trending: June 3-9
Jamie MacDonald June 10, 2016
Team USA athletes take to social media to pay tribute to Muhammad Ali, new secret to Aly Raisman's success, #NationalDonutDay draws rave reviews (but not from Amy Purdy), Michelle Akers wins #NationalBestFriendDay, Lacey Henderson goes slow-mo for a long jump PB, beach volleyball stars are on the road again, an Olympic medal -- sadly -- is stolen, baby Boomer Phelps shows off his wingspan, medal modeling with Alana Nichols, Bobby Ryan's nerves get to his birth announcement, Chaunte Lowe ends on a high note and much more.
16 Of Team USA's Red Carpet Medal Moments
Feb. 28, 2016
Team USA athletes love bringing their medals along when they walk red carpets.
Red, White & Trending: Feb. 12-18
Jamie MacDonald Feb. 19, 2016
Love for man's best friend on Valentine's Day, plus more Valentine's Day love from Team USA, exhaustion and friendship rule after Rio marathon qualifying, a wax museum trip for a famous pair, Shaun White is back with a big venture, teen YOG sensation River Radamus also makes a wonderful first impression on social media, and more.
Team USA Olympians Write Inspiring Letters To Youth Olympians
Team USA Feb. 11, 2016
17 Olympians share their advice with the 2016 U.S. Youth Olympic Team.