Ski and Snowboard
Current Residence: Steamboat Springs, Colo.
College: Colorado Mountain College
- 2014 Olympic Winter Games, 24th in men's parallel giant slalom, DSQ in men's parallel slalom
- 2013 World Championships, silver (parallel slalom), 11th (parallel giant slalom)
- 2012-13 World Cup Moscow, 4th (parallel slalom)
- 2012-13 World Cup Bad Gastein, 4th (parallel slalom)
- 2008 World Cup Valmalenco, bronze (parallel giant slalom)
- 2007 World Championships, 11th (parallel giant slalom), 13th (parallel slalom)
- 2006 U.S. National Championships, 1st (parallel slalom, parallel giant slalom)
- Eight-time North American Cup champion (2006-13)
Fun Facts: Learned to ski at 18 months old...Retired after 2009-10 season and worked as regional sales manager at a golf club, and became certified as a muscle activation techniques (MAT) specialist...Enjoys "freeriding," without clocks, coaches or competitions...Hobbies include mountain and road biking, golfing, listening to music, reading, music, working out and practicing yoga...Plans to pursue a career that is eco-friendly, creative and unique upon retiring from snowboarding.
Team USA Skiers And Snowboarders Cap Banner Season With 100+ World Podiums
Peggy Shinn March 25, 2015
U.S. athletes combined to win 92 world cup and 17 world championship medals on snow this season.
Snowboard Racer Justin Reiter Finds Newfound Peace, Success
Dave Royse March 12, 2015
Reiter has lived modestly, even sleeping in his car, in order to pursue the sport.
Experienced U.S. Snowboarders Look Toward Sweeping Season
Paul D. Bowker Dec. 08, 2014
With nine Olympic medalists slated to compete this season, Team USA is primed for another dominating season in halfpipe, slopestyle, snowboardcross and alpine snowboarding.
Athlete Summit Prepares Team USA For Life After Sport
Brandon Penny April 21, 2014
Athletes attend conference on careers, finances, education, personal development
Parallel Slalom Snowboarding Makes Olympic Debut
Lawrence Murray Feb. 22, 2014
Justin Reiter represents Team USA in parallel slalom snowboarding's Olympic debut.
Athlete Spotlight: Justin Reiter
Feb. 12, 2014
’14 Need To Knows: Snowboarding
Paul D. Bowker Feb. 04, 2014
Shaun White's possible trifecta, doube gold, cab 1080 and more >>
Snowboarding Teams Set For Sochi
U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association Jan. 21, 2014
Three slopestyle, one alpine snowboarder added to 2014 Olympic Team
Team USA’s Top Winter Sports Moments Of 2013
Amy Rosewater Dec. 31, 2013
From alpine skiing to speedskating, see which moments stood out in 2013 >>
Justin Reiter: In A Van Down By The River
Doug Williams Nov. 26, 2013
U.S. snowboarder lives out of van to make Olympic dream a reality
More Stories ›