Ski and Snowboard
EVENT - ALPINE SKIING
CLUB - Aspen Valley S&SC
HEIGHT 5'10" WEIGHT - 185 lbs.
- 2010 Olympic Winter Games
- 2009: World Championships Team member
- 2009: Three World Cup top 30 finishes
- 2008: NorAm GS champion
- 2006: NorAm overall, GS champion (2 wins)
- 2004 Nor Am GS runnerup (1 win)
- U.S. silver medalist in GS, combined
- Two 2003 FIS-B slalom podiums in Austria
- 2002 FIS-B slalom wins in Italy, Austria
- 2001 Sprint/Ski Racing Junior of the Year
- Two-time Juniors Worlds racer
Growing up near Aspen, Colo., Jake Zamansky learned to ski fast before he was a teenager. He's been a Ski Racing Junior of the Year and won FIS-level races in Europe and NorAm titles. A multi-event racer, he scored his first World Cup points during the 2009 season and earned a giant slalom start at the World Championships.
DID YOU KNOW ...?
Zamansky skied at age 2 at Aspen's Buttermilk Mountain with his parents, but held off on racing until 8. He moved through the ranks, skied in two Junior Worlds Championships (best results: 6th in combined, 13th in SL in 2001) and was Ski Racing Junior Racer of the Year for 2001.
His hobbies include, motocross and more motocross, bow hunting, fishing, cooking (pasta, barbecue, chicken, whatever), following the Denver Broncos and Colorado Avalanche He has four major tattoos (uncountable others) and supports Right to Play.
IMAGE BY GETTY IMAGES