- Athlete and Sport Program Plan
- Education & Race Organization
- Find a Club
- IPC Licensing
- Selection Procedures
- Team Rosters
The U.S. Paralympics Nordic Skiing Classification Policies & Procedures fall under the U.S. Paralympics national classification strategy. General documents that are applicable for all sports may be found here. The USA Classification Policies and Procedures – Nordic Skiing cover sport-specific classification information including classifier prerequisites, current classifiers and their authorization levels, classification panel composition for the sport, and any sport criteria for athletes who present for classification assessment.
The U.S. Paralympics Nordic Skiing national classification list includes all athletes in the respective sport whose classification information is on file with either the IPC (International Paralympic Committee) and/or the respective sport IF and/or U.S. Paralympics (the National Paralympic Committee in the USA). Athletes who have been nationally or internationally classified as per the Code and/or the U.S. Paralympics Classification Policies and Procedures are automatically included in this database. Information will be updated regularly and historical research to compile accurate athlete classification data is still ongoing.
Visual Impairment (VI) National Classification
- Athletes with visual impairments may obtain a national classification throughout the year. To obtain a National VI classification, athletes must have their Ophthalmologist fill out the forms in the link below and return to Sherrice Fox 4 weeks prior to the competition they intent to compete at. Once the forms are received by Sherrice, they are reviewed by a VI Classifier. They will inform Sherrice of the classification outcome and Sherrice will notify the athlete. The classifiers may require additional tests or information which may delay the outcome. VI athletes must complete this process and be listed in the Classification Database to compete in events.
- Guide to fill out National Visual Impairment Classification forms
- National VI Classification forms - Submit to Sherrice.Fox@usoc.org when completed