Name: Steve Serio
Sport: Wheelchair Basketball
Current Residence: Wetzler, Germany.
College University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign '10, Exercise Physiology
- 2008 Paralympic Games - fourth place
- 2012 Paralympic Games - bronze medal
- 2012 European Champions
- 2012 European Championship MVP
- 2011 Parapan American Games, gold medal
- 2010 IWBF World Championship, bronze medal
- 2010 Collegiate Champion
- 2010 Collegiate Championship MVP
- 2009 U23 World Juniors, gold medal, MVP
- 2008 North American Cup, gold medal
- 2008 Collegiate Champion
- 2007 Parapan American Games, gold medal
- 2006 IWBF World Championship, silver medal
Facts: Son of Ed and Hilary Serio... two young brothers, Will and Luke... Began playing wheelchair basketball at the age of 14... Hobbies include reading and traveling.
US Wheelchair Basketball
Ten Paralympians Highlight Men's Wheelchair Basketball Roster for Rio 2016 Paralympic Games
National Wheelchair Basketball Association Jan. 07, 2016
The U.S. men's wheelchair basketball roster for the 2016 Rio Paralympic Games has been announced
16 Athletes to Watch in 2016
Brianna Tammaro Jan. 04, 2016
From veterans to up-and-comers, discover which Team USA athletes to follow heading into Rio.
Halloween Isn’t Scary Compared To These 17 Frightening Moments Had By Team USA Athletes
Lisa Costantini Oct. 28, 2015
From terrifyingly high jumps to being attacked by birds — see the moments that scared Team USA.
Gallery: Men's and women's wheelchair basketball
Sept. 02, 2012
Shots from Team USA in group play
More Stories ›