Name: Emmy Kaiser
Sport: Wheelchair Tennis
Event(s): Singles, Doubles
Classification: Women's Open
Birthplace: Cincinnati , Ohio
Hometown: Ft. Mitchell, Ky.
High School: Saint Henry District High School (Erlanger, Ky.) ’08
College: Thomas More College ’11, Psychology and Business Administration, Ball State University, Sport and Exercise Psychology
Coach(es): Dan James, Jason Harnett
- Two-time Paralympian (2012, 2016)
- London 2012 Paralympic Games, singles (round of 16), doubles with McKenzie Soldan (round of 16)
Other Career Highlights
- Toronto 2015 Parapan American Games, semifinal (doubles), semifinals (singles)
- Guadalajara 2011 Parapan American Games, gold (doubles), silver (singles)
- World Cup team member (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Personal: At the age of 5, she found her wheelchair tennis when organizers at a local wheelchair tennis exhibition handed her a tennis racket. She resides at Fort Mitchell, Kentucky and is living with spina bifida. Her passion for sport and exercise psychology started at the age of 14 when she met a sports psychologist during a training session at the U.S. Paralympic Junior National team. Her tennis passion was inspired after she saw Esther Vergeer....Daughter of Bob and Patty Kaiser…Has one sister, Bridget…Hobbies include reading, photography, traveling and listening to music.