Name: Blake Leeper
Sport: Track and Field
Event: 100m, 200m, 4x100m relay, 400m
Current Residence: Chula Vista, Calif.
College: University of Tennesssee
- 2012 Paralympic Games, silver (400m), bronze (200m), 5th (100m)
- 2013 IPC Athletics World Championships, 1st (4x100m relay), 2nd (400m), 2nd (100m - T43), 2nd (200m - T43)
- 2012 U.S. Paralympic National Championship, gold medal (100m, 200m, 400m)
- 2011 Parapan American Games, silver medal (100m)
- 2011 IPC World Championship, silver medal (4x100m relay)
- 2010 U.S. Paralympic National Championship, silver medal (100m, 400m), bronze medal (200m)
- 2009 Loterias Caixa International Meeting for Athletics and Swimming, silver medal (200m), bronze medal (100m)
- Co-World Record Holder 100m, shared with South Africa's Oscar Pistorius
Facts: Son of Edith and Bill... Was born without lower legs and has been using prosthetics since he was a toddler... Always been determined to be a star growing up... Played basketball and baseball as a kid... Competed on his high school's varsity basketball team... Moved to Chula Vista Olympic Training Center in California in December 2011... Named International Paralympic Committee Athlete of the Month for July 2012... Previously named United States Olympic Committee Male Athlete of the Month...Member of the U.S. men's 4x100m relay team that holds the current world record set at the 2013 IPC Athletics World Championships in Lyon, France.
US Para Track and Field
More Stories ›