Track and Field
Hometown: St. Louis, Mo.
Current Residence: Chula Vista, Calif.
High School: Missouri School of the Blind '11
- 2012 Paralympic Games
- 2015: IPC Athletics World Championships, gold (100m)
- 2015: U.S. Paralympics Track and Field National Championships, 1st (100m, 400m); Parapan American Games, 1st (100m, 200m)
- 2013: IPC Athletics World Championships, 2nd (400m, 4x100 relay), 4th (100m)
- 2012: U.S. Paralympic Track and Field Trials, gold (100m, 200m)
- 2011: Parapan American Games competitor, U.S. Paralympics Track and Field National Championships competitor; IBSA World Youth Championships Competitor
Fun Facts: David Brown is one of the top visually impaired sprinters in the world and carries the motto of “Running4HISGlory+". Brown first realized his dream of being a Paralympian after attending the Paralympic Experience in Beijing, China. This motivated Brown to make the 2012 U.S. Paralympic Team where he competed in London for his first Paralympic Games. In his spare time, Brown enjoys playing instruments and creating musical beats to gospel and Christian music. Aside from running and training, he spends his days reading, hanging out with friends, playing on the computer, making music, writing poetry and public speaking.
More Stories ›