Name: Anna Eames
Current Residence: Golden Valley, Minnesota
College: Gustavus Adolphus College
- 2012 Paralympic Games, silver (4x100m freestyle relay)
- 2008 Paralympic Games, gold (100m butterfly), bronze (100m freestyle)
2014: Spring Nationals/CanAms, silver (100m freestyle, 50m freestyle)
2012: MIAC, 4th place, 1650 yard freestyle
- 2011: Para PanPac Games, silver (100m butterfly), gold (4x100 medley relay); served as team captain
- 2010: World Championships, bronze (100m butterfly)
- 2006: World Championships, gold (100m butterfly), silver (400m freestyle), bronze (50m freestyle, 100m freestyle)
- Three-time MIAC All Conference Academic
- Three-time Scholastic All American
Personal: Anna Eames was born with fibular hemimelia, which caused her right fibula to be shorter than her left. She originally began swimming because it was one of the only sports she could do that didn't cause her pain. However, along with being a pain-free sport, Eames has turned her passion for swimming into a lifelong one. She majored in biology at Gustavus Adolphus College, where she swam for the Division III school and has competed at two Paralympic Games, where she has earned a total of three medals.
Eames' hobbies include listening to music, going to concerts, traveling and being with friends.
US Para Swimming
More Stories ›