Name: Mackenzie Woodring
Discipline(s): Road Cycling, Track Cycling
Event(s): Time Trial, Road Race
Birthplace: Muskegon, Mich.
Hometown: Grand Rapids, Mich.
College: Ferris State University '01, Product Design Engineering
- Two-time Paralympian (2008, 2016); Three-time medalist (1 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze)
- Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games, gold (road time trial), silver (road race), bronze (pursuit)
World Championship Experience
- Most recent: 2016 – Track – 7th (pursuit), 11th (time trial)
- Years of Participation: Track – 2009, 2016; Road – 2009, 2011, 2013, 2014
- Medals: 4 (3 gold, 1 silver)
- Gold – 2009 (pursuit, road race, road time trial)
- Silver – 2009 (track time trial)
Personal: Mackenzie Woodring discovered cycling on the mountain bike trails of Grand Rapids, Michigan, and was originally only riding for fitness. When she started tandem cycling as a pilot for Karissa Whitsell, however, her goals grew bigger. Woodring and Whitsell took home a gold, silver and bronze medal at the Beijing 2008 Paralympic Games and followed that up with two wins in the road race and time trial at the 2009 UCI Para-cycling Road World Championships in Bogogno, Italy. While Whitsell had been competing with various guides for 11 years, Woodring was the first guide to race with Whitsell to a world championship title. Woodring is a member of the Priority Health Cycling Team. In addition to para-cycling with Whitsell, Woodring competes individually in road races and cyclocross.
U.S. Team Named For 2016 UCI Para-cycling Track World Championships
Brianna Tammaro Feb. 09, 2016
18 athletes, including two tandem pilots, selected to compete for Team USA in Montichiari, Italy.
Team USA named for 2015 UCI Para-cycling Road World Championships
Katie Branham June 10, 2015
U.S. Paralympics names 24 athletes who will represent Team USA in Switzerland
More Stories ›