Sport: Alpine Skiing
Date of Birth: Feb. 13, 1996
Birthplace: Kingston, Pa.
Hometown: Harding, Pa.
Current Residence: Harding, Pa.
High School: Wyoming Area Secondary Center ‘14
Coach: Kevin Jardine
- 2014: Paralympic Winter Games, bronze super-G and super combined; U.S. Paralympics Alpine Skiing National Championships, 1st giant slalom; Huntsman Cup, 1st slalom; World Cup Copper Mountain, 7th giant slalom run 1, 8th giant slalom run 2; NorAm Aspen, 1st downhill; U.S. National Championships, 1st downhill, 2nd super-G
- 2013: World Cup Thredbo, 1st slalom, 2nd giant slalom, 3rd giant slalom; World Cup Mt. Hutt, 5th super-G, super combined; IPCAS Panorama, 1st super combined and giant slalom, 3rd super-G; NorAm Copper Mountain, 2nd giant slalom
- 2012: U.S. Paralympics Alpine Skiing National Championship, 1st slalom
- 2011: Named to 2011-12 U.S. Paralympics Alpine Skiing National Team
- 2009: U.S. Adaptive Alpine National Championships, 1st junior, giant slalom
When Jallen was 9-years-old she was invited to the Camelback Adaptive Ski Camp in Tannersville, Pa., and was instantly hooked on the sport. While instructors initially wanted to put her in a bi-ski tethered to an instructor, Jallen insisted on learning to ski standing up.
Jallen quickly developed as a ski-racer through the Pennsylvania Center Adapted Sports, a chapter of Disabled Sports USA. She was first named to the U.S. Paralympics Alpine National B Team in 2011 at only 15-years-old. She is the second-youngest member of the national team, just two months older than teammate Staci Mannella.
Jallen was born with a rare birth defect called CHILDS, Congenital Hemidysplasia with Ichthyosiform Erythroderma and Limb Defects Syndrome. CHILDS is a chromosomal disorder that affects the entire left side of the body, leaving Jallen with only one leg and one fully developed arm.
It Was A Golden Winter For U.S. Paralympic Skiers And Snowboarders
Paul D. Bowker March 25, 2015
U.S. athletes excelled on snowboards and alpine and Nordic skis this winter.
Team USA closes IPC Alpine Skiing World Championships with seven medals
Brianna Tammaro March 11, 2015
Led by Danelle Umstead, U.S. skiers win three silver and four bronze medals at world championships.
Jallen nets bronze at alpine worlds
Mary Kate Lau March 08, 2015
Stephanie Jallen finishes strong in IPC Alpine Skiing World Championships giant slalom
Meet Team USA’s 35 Women Of Winter
March 08, 2015
Celebrate International Women's Day with a look at 35 of Team USA's top female winter athletes.
Umstead extends medal streak at IPC Alpine Skiing World Championships
Katie Branham March 07, 2015
Team USA brings medal count to six on third day of world championship competition
U.S. skiers win two medals on second day of alpine world championships
Brianna Tammaro March 05, 2015
Danelle Umstead and Andrew Kurka lead Team USA in super-G competitions
U.S. team announced for 2015 IPC Alpine Skiing World Championships
Brianna Tammaro and Mary Kate Lau Feb. 18, 2015
Fourteen Paralympians highlight Team USA world championship roster
Laurie Stephens wins slalom gold in La Molina
Katie Branham Jan. 10, 2015
U.S. women record two podium finishes in La Molina, Spain
Stephanie Jallen wins slalom gold in La Molina
Katie Branham Jan. 09, 2015
Eighteen-year-old Jallen lands atop the podium at world cup opener in Spain
Top 14 of 2014: Paralympic women
Jamie M. Blanchard Jan. 02, 2015
Learn more about 14 women who had an impact on the Paralympic Movement in 2014
More Stories ›