Volunteer Coaches - Women's Natl. Volleyball Team
- Courage Kenny Rehabilitation Institute Sports/Recreation Program Coordinator
- Central Cross Country Ski Association Sport Development and Performance Director
- Maine Adaptive Sports & Recreation Executive Director
- National Ability Center: Assistant Adaptive Alpine Ski Team Coach
- NSCD Intern - Winter Mountain
- San Antonio Sports Vice President, Events and Bids
- Synergy Adaptive Athletics Recreation Coordinator
- US Rowing Communications Services Coordinator
- US Rowing Member Programs Coordinator
- US Sailing Membership Communications Coordinator
- U.S. Sailing Membership Associate
- USA Boxing Executive Director
- USA Curling Deputy Manager
- USA Fencing Database Manager
- USA Fencing Safe Sport Coordinator
- USA Luge Senior National Luge Team ATC
- USA Swimming Communications Manager - Multicultural and Foundation
- USA Taekwondo Executive Director
- USA Triathlon Sr. Marketing Manager
- U.S. Association of Blind Athletes Outreach and Membership Coordinator
- USA Volleyball Coordinator, Indoor High Performance
- USA Volleyball Head Coach, Men's Sitting National Team
- Volunteer Coaches - Women's Natl. Volleyball Team
- USA Weightlifting Intern
- USA Water Polo Athletic Trainer/Manager-Men
- US Equestrian Foundation Director of Dressage National Programs
- US Figure Skating Events Department Internship, Event and Video Services
- US Figure Skating Director, High Performance Development
- U.S. Figure Skating Marketing and Development Intern
- U.S. Olympic Committee/TeamUSA.org News Writer
- US Ski and Snowboard High Performance Director
Volunteer Coach, Women’s National Team
The USA Volleyball Women’s National Team is looking for volunteer coaches for both the Summer and Winter Training Blocks. Volunteer coaches have the opportunity to work closely with the top female athletes in the world, as well as with the Women’s National Team staff, including Head Coach Karch Kiraly. Part of the USA Women’s National Team mission is to push the boundaries of the sport, so volunteer coaches often have the opportunity to assist with new learning and teaching methods, new studies to gain insight into the game, and other tasks and projects that will help our USA players be the best in the world. As such, a familiarity with and willingness to learn technology and its uses are essential for a volunteer coach.
The Winter Training Block began Monday, January 27 and runs through Friday, March 21. Volunteers are mostly requested for the final four weeks of the block.
The Summer Training Block begins the first week of May and runs through mid-September. For both the Winter and Summer Training Block, practice sessions are 8:30-11:30am, with office hours for the staff (video analysis, scouting, etc) running until about 6:00pm. Depending on the level of involvement and responsibilities, volunteers may be needed for some or all of this time. Prospective volunteers should plan for at least a two week commitment, in order to maximize their learning opportunities.
Volunteers must provide their own housing and transportation to and from the American Sports Center in Anaheim, California where the National Team trains. However, there are also opportunities to be involved with video scouting and study from a distance, for coaches who are not able to spend significant time in Anaheim.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with all aspects of practice sessions
- Helping to set up practice courts and facilitate practice sessions
- Assisting with practice video, replay technologies, etc.
- Compiling scouting information, helping organize scouting reports
- Video study: compiling video montages for USA players
- Video study: charting and studying international matches
- Statistical analysis
- Assisting with USA Red-Blue exhibition matches, including match setup, fan experience, etc.
- Volleyball coaching and/or playing experience (duties assigned in proportion to experience)
- Experience with or willingness to learn various technology-related applications including Excel, DataVolley, Dartfish, and Kinovea.
- Must become a USA Volleyball member and successfully pass a USA Volleyball background screening
- USA Volleyball IMPACT certified or completion of IMPACT certification by end of two week commitment.
- Most importantly, a great attitude, an open mind, and willingness to learn.
Review of Applicants will begin immediately and continue as assistance is required.