Volunteer Coaches - Women's Natl. Volleyball Team
- Blaze Sports Director of Youth Programs
- Broadmoor World Arena Director of Sales, Marketing and Promotions
- Disabled Sports USA Program Manager
- National Ability Center: Assistant Adaptive Alpine Ski Team Coach
- USA Weightlifting Social Media Website Coordinator
- USA Archery Outreach Coordinator
- US Speedskating Communications Coordinator
- US Speedskating High Performance Administrator
- USA Boxing Director of Boxing Operations
- USA Weightlifting Senior Manager Events
- USA Wrestling Associate Executive Director
- USA Wrestling Manger Coaching Education
- USA Weightlifting Finance Coordinator
- USA Wrestling Membership Coordinator
- USA Weightlifting Senior Manager Events
- USA Wrestling Communications Coordinator
- USA Wrestling Group Travel Consultant
- USA Bobsled Skeleton National Team Health Care Provider
- USA Cycling Director of Membership
- USA Cycling Membership Services Specialist
- USA Fencing Communications Coordinator
- USA Swimming Membership Coordinator
- USA Volleyball Chief Executive Officer
- USA Volleyball Director, Development
- USA Volleyball Director, Officials Development
- Volunteer Coaches - Women's Natl. Volleyball Team
- USA Weightlifting Intern
- USA Water Polo Travel Manager
- US Equestrian Foundation Director of Dressage National Programs
- US Figure Skating Events Department Intern
- US Figure Skating Events Department Internship, Event and Video Services
- US Figure Skating Giving Programs Coordinator
- US Figure Skating Marketing Manager
- US Figure Skating Sport Performance, Sports Science and Medicine Intern
- US Ski and Snowboard Foundation Development Marketing Intern
- US Ski and Snowboard Foundation Special Events Intern
- US Swimming Membership Coordinator
- Utah Olympic Oval Marketing Manager
- US Sailing Youth Development Director
Volunteer Coach, Women’s National Team
The USA Volleyball Women’s National Team is looking for volunteer coaches for both the Summer and Winter Training Blocks. Volunteer coaches have the opportunity to work closely with the top female athletes in the world, as well as with the Women’s National Team staff, including Head Coach Karch Kiraly. Part of the USA Women’s National Team mission is to push the boundaries of the sport, so volunteer coaches often have the opportunity to assist with new learning and teaching methods, new studies to gain insight into the game, and other tasks and projects that will help our USA players be the best in the world. As such, a familiarity with and willingness to learn technology and its uses are essential for a volunteer coach.
The Winter Training Block began Monday, January 27 and runs through Friday, March 21. Volunteers are mostly requested for the final four weeks of the block.
The Summer Training Block begins the first week of May and runs through mid-September. For both the Winter and Summer Training Block, practice sessions are 8:30-11:30am, with office hours for the staff (video analysis, scouting, etc) running until about 6:00pm. Depending on the level of involvement and responsibilities, volunteers may be needed for some or all of this time. Prospective volunteers should plan for at least a two week commitment, in order to maximize their learning opportunities.
Volunteers must provide their own housing and transportation to and from the American Sports Center in Anaheim, California where the National Team trains. However, there are also opportunities to be involved with video scouting and study from a distance, for coaches who are not able to spend significant time in Anaheim.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with all aspects of practice sessions
- Helping to set up practice courts and facilitate practice sessions
- Assisting with practice video, replay technologies, etc.
- Compiling scouting information, helping organize scouting reports
- Video study: compiling video montages for USA players
- Video study: charting and studying international matches
- Statistical analysis
- Assisting with USA Red-Blue exhibition matches, including match setup, fan experience, etc.
- Volleyball coaching and/or playing experience (duties assigned in proportion to experience)
- Experience with or willingness to learn various technology-related applications including Excel, DataVolley, Dartfish, and Kinovea.
- Must become a USA Volleyball member and successfully pass a USA Volleyball background screening
- USA Volleyball IMPACT certified or completion of IMPACT certification by end of two week commitment.
- Most importantly, a great attitude, an open mind, and willingness to learn.
Review of Applicants will begin immediately and continue as assistance is required.