Sr. Dir., Beach Operations
- Communications Manager
- Development Director
- Administrator - Competition Center
- Customer Service Representative
- Winter Instructor - Credentialed (Seasonal)
- Executive Director
- Head Coach
- Communications Intern
- Chief Financial Officer
- Annual Fund Manager
- USAS Developer
- Marketing Director
- Marketing Coordinator
- Program Specialist
- Chief Development Officer
- USAS Developer
- Intern - Regional Athlete Scout
- National Development Coach
- Sr. Dir., Beach Operations
- Volunteer Coaches - Women's Natl. Volleyball Team
- USA Weightlifting Intern
- Coord., Video Productions
- Marketing Director
- Marketing & Development Intern
- Sports Mentor
Senior Director, Beach Operations
About USA Volleyball
USA Volleyball (USAV) is the National Governing Body (NGB) for the sports of volleyball and beach volleyball in the United States and is recognized as such by the Federation International de Volleyball (FIVB) and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC). USAV has also executed a Management Agreement with the USOC whereby USAV directs and oversees the Paralympic discipline of sitting volleyball. USAV has over 300,000 registered members and supports athletes, coaches, officials, members and fans at every level and every discipline of the sport.
USAV has an operating budget in excess of $25M and employees 75 staff and coaches in four offices (National Office in Colorado Springs, Beach Operations in Torrance, CA, National Team Operations in Anaheim, CA and Sitting Program in Edmond, OK).
The Senior Director, Beach Operations is part of the senior management team and is the leader of USAV’s beach programs, planning and operations. As a member of the senior management team this individual will participate in the decision making process for all aspects of the organization regardless of direct relevance to the beach discipline. As the person leading the beach discipline, the successful candidate will lead beach volleyball operations, manage the beach volleyball staff (currently eight), oversee the budget (10 departments and an expense budget in excess of $3M), develop strategic plans, policies, procedures, support systems and operational programs. The position is located in Torrance, CA and involves travel both domestically and internationally. The Senior Director, Beach Operations will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
• Supervise, manage and direct the beach programs and operations of the organization.
• Develop, manage and provide financial oversight of the beach departmental budgets.
• Provide leadership, vision and strategic management / supervision to the beach staff.
• Develop, implement and monitor progress against a strategic plan for the beach programs and USOC High Performance Plan such that the discipline grows in participation and accomplishments. Areas of responsibility and/or coordination include Beach National Programs, Beach High Performance, Beach events, Beach Coaching Education and Beach Officials.
• Liaise and have open communication with USAV departments to ensure efficiency, cooperation and coordination. Departments include finance, region services, IT, HR, Communications & Creative Services, Coaching Education, Officials Education, Events, High Performance, Marketing, National Teams and Executive Management.
• Seek out and establish innovative and creative opportunities for expanding and enhancing beach programs with a priority being to generate increased net revenue.
• Oversee the Beach National Program (Beach National Team, A2 Beach National Team and Elite Development Program).
• Oversee beach event management for domestic and international events to include tryouts, selection events and competitions at every age level.
• Oversee the Beach High Performance Program, to include camps, tryouts and teams.
• Lead the process for developing and implementing selection procedures for protected competitions (e.g. Olympic Games, Pan American Games, World Championships, Youth Olympic Games)
• Consult with the USAV’s Secretary General with respect to sponsorship and marketing opportunities, beach budget and policies, as well as protected competition selection procedures.
• Serve as the primary liaison to the FIVB and NORCECA beach volleyball departments and assist as requested by the CEO with regard to FIVB/NORCECA communication and representation.
• Develop and coordinate means to seek regular input from all beach stakeholders (athletes, coaches, officials, event promoters, etc.) regarding the quality of programs and services and their relevance
• Minimum BS/BA in sports management or relevant field preferred.
• Minimum six (6) years of experience in a related field.
• Strong understanding of sports and how its functions within a complex structure both internationally and domestically.
• Minimum five (5) years of experience at a director level, including supervisory responsibilities
• Understanding of the sport of beach volleyball preferred, but not required.
• Possess solid leadership skills with an ability to work effectively and accomplish tasks, projects and goals through influencing others within a complex organizational structure.
• Experience with strategic and program planning and implementation.
• Experience in developing and managing budgets.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to generate consensus and buy in form staff and stakeholders in the sport.
• Possess integrity and other values consistent with those of USA Volleyball.
• Ability to travel both domestically and internationally and work non-traditional hours including weekends and holidays.
• Must be able to successfully pass a USA Volleyball background screening.
Commensurate with experience
USAV also offers a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees.
Applications accepted online only. Applications must be received by no later than May 26, 2014. http://usngbjobs.teamworkonline.com/teamwork/jobs/jobskey.cfm?s=volleyball