Kerri Walsh Jennings
- MOST NOTABLE
- 2004, 2008, 2012 Olympic Games, gold
- Walsh Jennings and May-Treanor won 21 consecutive Olympic matches and only lost one set (to Austria in 2012) during their 11-year run together
- Walsh Jennings was also on the 2000 U.S. Women’s Indoor National Team that competed at the Olympic Games in Sydney
- Walsh Jennings and May-Treanor won three straight FIVB world championships in 2005, 2007 and 2009
- Indoors, Walsh Jennings was the second volleyball player in NCAA history to be a four-time First-Team All-American when she was at Stanford (1996-99)
- DID YOU KNOW
- Finished third in 2016 Olympic qualification, with Ross; duo will have the #3 seed in the Olympics
- Won the AVP New York City Open, her 11th AVP title with Ross and second of 2016, their first was at Huntington Beach
- Finished fourth at the Hamburg Major, the final event of 2016 Olympic qualification
- In the Olympic qualification period, Ross and Walsh Jennings had four gold, two silver and two bronze
- Took a break from the FIVB World Tour and Olympic qualification to play at the AVP Huntington Beach Open, which she won with Ross for their 10th AVP victory as a team
- With Ross, pair has six medals in 2016 Olympic qualification: Fuzhou Open (3rd, 2015), Long Beach Grand Slam (2nd), Rio Grand Slam (1st), Vitoria Open (2nd), Xiamen Open (3rd), Fuzhou Open (1st, 2016), Cincinnati Open (1st, 2016), Moscow Grand Slam (1st, 2016)
- The silver at the Vitoria Open (March 20) advanced them to the top-ranked American women's team in the rankings
- In her first event back following surgery, won gold at the Rio Grand Slam on March 13, 2016. It was her 51st career FIVB gold and first gold in 2016 olympic qualification
- Walsh Jennings and April Ross posted their 100th team victory at the Rio Grand Slam against Germany's Buthe/Borger in the semifinals
- Following the 2015 Rio Open, underwent surgery on her right shoulder for a torn labrum and capsule, her fifth surgery
- Finished ninth at the 2015 Beach World Championships with April Ross. Pair was eliminated in the round of 16 by China
- Opened the 2015 season finishing third with Ross at the FIVB World Tour Fuzhou Open. At that point, team led all women with most podium placements on the World Tour, with seven.
- Earned silver at the Long Beach Grand Slam with Ross, their second podium finish of the 2015 World Tour
- Won the AVP New Orleans Open to start the 2015 Tour. Withdrew days later at the FIVB World Tour Moscow Grand Slam when she sustained an injury, team still tied for 17th
- Made her return after a 32-day hiatus, with April Ross at the Beach World Championships in The Netherlands. Even after time off due to injury, the team was seeded third overall. Finished fourth at the Gstaad Major after re-injuring her shoulder in the third round, duo withdrew from the semifinal and bronze medal matches
- Finished ninth at the Rio Open, her final event of the 2015 season
- On the 2014 FIVB Tour, Ross and Walsh Jennings won gold medals at the Fuzhou Open in China, the Moscow Grand Slam, the Stavanger Grand Slam in Norway and the World Series of Beach Volleyball in Long Beach, Calif. The finished the season ranked third by the FIVB.
- Walsh Jennings and partner April Ross went undefeated on the domestic AVP Tour in 2014. They went 7-0 in tournaments, 36-0 in matches and 70-3 in sets.
- Started playing full time with April Ross at the end of 2013 and the team won two FIVB gold medals.
- Walsh Jennings and Misty May-Treanor beat April Ross and Jennifer Kessy for the gold medal at the 2012 Olympic Games. After the match, Walsh Jennings asked Ross to become her partner.
- When Walsh Jennings and April Ross won the FIVB Xiamen Grand Slam on Oct. 27, 2013, Walsh Jennings set the all-time record for tournament victories by a women’s beach player with 113. Prior to Xiamen, she had been tied with May-Treanor at 112.
- Walsh Jennings and May-Treanor won AVP Team of the Year five consecutive years (2003-07).
- While at Archbishop Mitty High School in San Jose, Calif., Walsh Jennings asked May-Treanor for her autograph.
Men's Beach Teams Qualify in Stavanger
BJ Evans June 25, 2014
Women's beach teams go 6-2 on first day of pool play
Fopma, Pavlik Qualify for Stavanger Main Draw
BJ Evans June 24, 2014
Four U.S. women's teams begin main draw play on Wednesday
Favorite Olympic Memories For #OlympicDay
June 23, 2014
Fans share their favorite moments from the Games on Twitter
Hyden, Bourne Capture Gold
Jessica Hall June 22, 2014
Pair defeats U.S. compatriots Ryan Doherty and Nick Lucena to win first FIVB World Tour gold medal
Ross, Walsh Win FIVB Gold in Moscow
BJ Evans June 15, 2014
Phil Dalhausser and Sean Rosenthal take men's bronze medal
Two U.S. Beach Teams in Moscow Semis
BJ Evans June 14, 2014
Phil Dalhausser and Sean Rosenthal to play in men's semis while April Ross and Kerri Walsh Jennings reach women's
Gallery: Team USA's Solid Gold Friendships
June 08, 2014
Celebrate National Best Friends Day with Team USA
U.S. Beach Update: Teams Finished in China
BJ Evans May 03, 2014
Three U.S. beach teams leave China with fifth-place finishes; U.S. teams undefeated in Guatemala
U.S. Beach Teams Advancing in Shanghai
BJ Evans May 01, 2014
All four U.S. men's beach teams advance out of pool play. Women's teams go 5-1 on first day of pool play
Beach Results: Walsh, Ross Win Fuzhou Gold
BJ Evans April 27, 2014
Four U.S. beach teams reach semifinals at NORCECA event in Grand Cayman
More Stories ›