Sport Dietitian Registry
The United States Olympic Committee sport nutrition team is seeking experienced sport registered dietitians to join the USOC Sport Dietitian Registry. The purpose of the registry is to have an available roster of pre-screened sport dietitians as resources for National Governing Bodies of Olympic, Paralympic, and Pan American Sports. When the USOC sport nutrition team is presented with a request that they are unable to fulfill based on location, staff or time, it will search the database for a qualified individual to refer the request. The registry will be internal to the USOC and not publicly searchable at the initial launch phase.
In order to be considered for the Sport Dietitian Registry, entrants must meet the following criteria:
- Registered dietitian
- Certified specialist in sports dietetics
- Minimum two years of experience working with Olympic, collegiate, professional or competitive recreational athletes
- Liability insurance and willingness to enter into an consulting contract
- Master’s degree or higher in nutrition or exercise science (or similar e.g. IOC diploma sport nutrition)
- Contact information for two professional references within the field of sport (i.e. coach, team manager, registered dietitian, etc.)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Time available
- Willingness to provide initial four hours of service pro bono
The screening process requires completion of an application form that provides insight into your applied experiences and expertise.
To complete the application, click here. This is a word document you will open and save. Please save the form using the following format:
LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_SDREGISTRYAPPLICATION_MMDDYEAR
Please submit the completed form and the appropriate documentation (i.e. proof of current RD status, CSSD status, liability insurance and resume or curriculum vitae) to:
Shawn Hueglin (email@example.com)
Jennifer Gibson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You will be notified of your addition to the registry by a member of the USOC staff. If your application is approved, you will also be asked to review and agree to a statement regarding standards, obligations and ethical conduct of the Sport Dietitian Registry.