USA WRESTLING JOB OPPORTUNITY: Communications CoordinatorUSA Wrestling is seeking a Communications Coordinator. This is a full-time position which reports to the Director of Communications and Special Projects. This individual will be responsible for working on a variety of projects which impact the organization's communications activities.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with media relations, public relations and event media operations for all levels of USA Wrestling events and activities.
- Creates content for USA Wrestling’s magazine, USA Wrestler, and its website, TheMat.com.
- Assists with content creation and support for USA Wrestling's social media networks (such as Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Instagram, Google Plus, and others).
- Assists with video content creation for USA Wrestling's internet presence, to include interviews, features, news webcasts, and event coverage projects. Tasks include digitizing, processing and uploading video footage, as well as gathering video news and features.
- Oversees USA Wrestling's message boards, including developing effective system of moderation.
- Creates athlete biographies, develops statistics, creates story ideas, conducts research and handles other informational programs for the organization.
- Handles other duties as determined by the Director of Communications or the Executive Director.
This individual will coordinate closely with staff in a number of USA Wrestling Departments, which may include Executive, Information Technology, Events, State Services, National Teams, Finance and Development. The position includes work with volunteers within the organization.
Must have a degree in a communications-related field, as well as work experience in a communications-related job. Knowledge of wrestling and/or sports is a plus. Proven writing and communication skills are necessary for this position. There will be extensive travel required for person in this position.
USA Wrestling is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicant should send resume, list of three or more references and five writing samples to Gary Abbott, Director of Communications, USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org or via FAX at 719-598-9440.