JOB OPPORTUNITY: USA Wrestling National Greco-Roman Head CoachPosition: National Greco-Roman Head Coach
Reports To: Associate Executive Director for Programs and Performance
Position Summary: USA Wrestling is looking for a highly motivated, successful coach to lead the National Greco-Roman Program. The Head National Greco-Roman Coach is responsible for all facets of the Greco-Roman program, including the recruitment, development, and training of the country’s top athletes.
Competencies and Skills:
• USA Wrestling seeks and individual who:
- Has developed national champions and world medalists
- Is experienced in leading teams overseas
- Motivates and inspires athletes
- Understands long-term athlete development
- Communicates effectively
- Creates a positive and enthusiastic environment
- Works well in a team environment
- Effectively evaluates athlete talent, strengths, and weaknesses
- Follows and respects organizational policies and procedures
• To work with USA Wrestling staff, Greco-Roman athletes, volunteers, and personal coaches to lead the Greco-Roman team to prominence in world-level competitions.
• Assist in the development of a 4-year High Performance Plan for each Olympic Quadrennium.
• Assist National Teams Staff in developing and maintaining an annual budget.
• Recruit and cultivate a coaching network from the pool of Greco-Roman coaches who are proficient and up-to-date on the latest rules, procedures, techniques and training methods.
• Create both short and long-term individual training plans with Elite Athletes and their personal coaches to help them attain excellence in world-level competitions.
• Serve as media spokesman and liaison for the Greco-Roman program.
• Organize, and coordinate all training and competition activities of the National Greco-Roman Team.
• Maintain consistent communication with all Greco-Roman stakeholders, including athletes, coaches, volunteers, and officials.
• Work with the National Coaches Education Manager to further develop the Greco-Roman portion of USA Wrestling’s Core Curriculum Series.
• Represent USA Wrestling at international coaching clinics and conduct domestic grassroots promotional activities.
• Work with the Greco-Roman sport committee to resolve issues and assign volunteer coaches to touring, developmental, and championship teams.
• Work closely with United States Olympic Committee Sports Performance Staff to apply successful sports science principles to the sport of wrestling.
• Develop and coordinate an international scouting system designed to determine world-wide technical and scoring trends, identify weaknesses in foreign opponents, and recognize areas of improvement for U.S. athletes.
• Assist USA Wrestling National Teams and Events Staff in development of the domestic and international training / competition calendar.
• Establish a recruiting program aimed at drawing top-level NCAA athletes to Greco-Roman wrestling.
• Work with existing clubs that support Greco-Roman wrestling and encourage all national clubs to support Greco-Roman.
• Collaborate with USA Wrestling staff and volunteers to raise funds for the Greco-Roman program.
• Other duties as assigned.
Travel: Extensive Domestic and International travel is required.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
USA Wrestling is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Process: Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and/or questions to Les Gutches via email at email@example.com.