USA Wrestling Weekly's September 6, 2013 broadcast posted for viewing
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, September 6, 2013, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis, and debuted in January 2011. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week's episode, visit the following link:
This week's show included the following feature segments:
- Preview of the IOC General Assembly vote in Argentina on Sept. 8, where the fate of wrestling's Olympic future will be determined, with an interview with Rich Bender
- Major donations made to CPOW by the National Wrestling Hall of Fame, Team Georgia and the U.S. Wrestling Foundation
- Rally4Wrestling coverage from Alpharetta, Ga. with interviews with Bruce Baumgartner, Brandon Slay, Nate Carr, Lee Kemp, John Bardis, Frank Lipoli and Zeke Jones
- Interviews from U.S. World Team Training Camps with J.D. Bergman, Keith Gavin, Zeke Jones, Elena Pirozhkova, Adeline Gray, Alli Ragan, Victoria Anthony, Terry Steiner and Robbie Smith.
- Google+ Hangout clips with John Smith, Cael Sanderson, Tom Brands and Kyle Snyder, and a special Google+ Hangout with FILA President Nenad Lalovic.
- And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Lisa Shepherd, with a photo that depicts Provo High School senior Danny Shepherd using a spladle for a pin in one of his 182 pound matches at The Rumble.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling's YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is aired on television across the nation through the USA Wrestling Weekly Television Network.
- Time Warner Cable SportsChannel, with viewers across upstate New York
- Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
- Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
- The Fight Now USA cable network, with distribution in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
- Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
- CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
- Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
- Time Warner Sports Texas, with 1.1 million homes in Texas
- KWEM TV 31 - Sudden Link Cable in Stillwater, Okla.
- CCN in Danville, Pa.
- Western Reserve Cable 9 in Ohio
- Time Warner Sports in Kentucky, Source 16
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Brad Johnson of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; Takedown Media.com; USA Wrestling -- Tennessee; USA Wrestling -- Kansas; Maryland USA Wrestling
There is an embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Richard Immel of USA Wrestling at email@example.com